Review: More Than Him by Jay McLean

More Than Him - Jay McLean

♥♥♥ 4.5 'Eleventy-Three Chances' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You said you wouldn't kiss me,” I breathed out.

"I'm not."

"So what are you doing?"

"Remembering you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It's been a while since Logan left Amanda without a goodbye. Now, she has to try to move on with her life without him in it. Her brother and ex-boyfriend try to help. But she can only heal by doing it herself. As time goes by , it gets a bit easier, she still thinks about him on occasion, but not as much as before. About a year later, she is feeling so much like herself again. But soon, Logan comes right back into her life again and this time, he isn't going to let her go.

The book started off pretty much where the last book left off. We get both pov's from Amanda and Logan. So, that way, we get a glimpse into their lives apart from one another.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I can't waste them Logan. You're my person. I'll never run out of loves for you. Ever."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I felt for Amanda, especially with how things ended for her and Logan in the previous book. I knew she was strong and she could get through it. I wasn't sure she would be able to trust Logan again. And when he suddenly is back, she is angry with him, but she can't deny that the love she feels is still very much there. As much I liked Logan, I kind of think that Amanda should have made him work a little harder to get her back. But was so happy when they slowly tried to get back into the rhythm of their relationship. They needed to build up that trust they lost. They also needed to help each other heal from the trauma of the event that ended separating them.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"That's what you are to me, Logan. Amazing. I want you to know that, and if it means telling you that I love you over and over and over, then I will. I love you so much Logan."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Logan is back from Doctors Without Borders. He regrets leaving Amanda the way that he did. He still very much loves her and hopes that she is happy, even if it's with someone else. He writes in his journal about all of his feelings. It seems like the only way he can really get it out. I felt like Logan grew up a bit. He still has a long way to go, but he was definitely a bit more mature. But he was also a lot more vulnerable in this one. I loved that he was fighting to get and keep Amanda. It's really hard not swoon when he said the things that he said. He was really sweet and romantic, or like the characters joked about, very 'Nicholas Sparks'.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I don't think anything, or anyone, is ever going to keep me away from you. I love you way too much. You're my heart, my world, my light.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It was a long journey of many years for these two characters to finally come together for good. It was really beautiful to read as well as heart wrenching. I cried, laughed, and smiled so big. I really enjoyed this book, but there were a few moments where I felt that some scenes were a tad too sweet and cheesy. Still, I loved that the secondary characters where there to support them and offer some humour. I loved seeing Amanda and Logan with little Lachlan. That was so freaking adorable. A very great read and ending to their story. I loved it. Now I am so freaking excited to read Cam and Lucy's book. I love them both, so I hope it will be good. Can't wait!