Review: Halfway To The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

Halfway to the Grave  - Jeaniene Frost

♥♥♥ 4.25 AWESOME STARS ♥♥♥

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Come one, come all, bloodsuckers! The Red Reaper's ready for you!

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

I had been wanting to read this for quite some time. EVERYONE would not stop talking about Bones. So, I finally gave in and read it. Oh, Bones was so RIGHT!! He was amazing!!

Catherine 'Cat' Crawfield is a vampire hunter. She's been doing it since she was sixteen and is very good at what she does. Why? Because she is half vampire herself. She is determined to kill all vampires that kill humans hoping to find the vampire that fathered her and traumatized her mother. On one of her outings, she meets a vampire she thinks she can kill. But instead, she ends up being kidnapped by him and finds out he is a vampire bounty hunter. He proposes an idea she can't refuse, to partner up and kill vampires together. That way they both can help each other out with their goals. Cat agrees but as time goes by, she starts feelings things for Bones. Things her mother would hate her for. But feelings she can't refuse.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"Kitten. I only thought I was living before I met you. You'll love me until you die? That's not nearly long enough..."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Cat was a twenty two year old kickass vampire hunter. She was impulsive, strong, and smart (well, sometimes not so much, not gonna lie). She wants to kill her father for abusing her mother. She has an instant dislike of vampires because of that. But Bones changes that for her. She starts to trust him and then feel lust for him. It was a bit annoying how she kept rejecting Bones, especially after all he did for her (I would be all over him in an instant). But I get why she was hesitant, with her mother being a hardcore vampire hater and all. For the most part she was a great character, and even a few times a bit funny. I did end up really liking her.

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"I want your heart the most. Above all else. You're exactly right, I won't stop until I have it."

"You have it already. So now you can stop."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Bones is a vampire, who was oh, so swoony!! I finally know what everyone was talking about. He was sexy as hell, strong, possessive, and just plain yummy! Plus, he had a british accent.... *SIGH* He would say the most naughty things ever that would make Cat blush, it was highly entertaining and tinglingly hot! He could also be so darn sweet that he melted me completely. I just loved him!

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"If you run from me, I will chase you, and I'll find you…"

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

It did take awhile for me to get into. I don't know if it was because I hadn't read paranormal books in a while. But, once Cat met Bones, things started to get a bit more interesting for me. Cat also took a while to grow on me, there were just a few things I didn't like about her. She would just at times be too naïve. Once, their partnership started going, I became hooked. Then the things started getting steamier between these two and I couldn't stop reading. I loved their interactions, despite how Cat acted sometimes. I even liked her klumsy neighboor, Timmie. He was kind of adorable. I enjoyed the storyline, and all of the fighting scenes. The ending made me freaking sad, though. There was a relationship cliffhanger, but the main storyline was resolved. It left me wanting SO much more. I can't wait to read the next book very soon! I think everyone should read this, so you can meet Bones too! It was a really great first book of the series.