Review: Sweet Revenge By Rebecca Zanetti

Sweet Revenge - Rebecca Zanetti

♥♥♥ 4.5 SMOKIN' HAWT Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Who are you?" she whispered.

"The guy who's going to have you screaming his name within the next hour."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

HOLY MOLY!! This book was even better than the first. Here, I thought Shane was smoking hot, well now, Matt has totally taken his place. Yowza!

Laney Jacobs owns a bar, in which she bartends in the small town of Charmed, Idaho. She is happy with her life in this quaint town and cares about most of the people in it. Then Matt comes into her bar looking for employment. She knows he's dangerous and sexy as sin, despite that, she relents and accepts him to work at her bar as a bouncer/bartender. She is attracted to him. She tries to fight it and keep things professional, but it gets harder and harder. He seems to possess all that she craves. Things can just be temporary between them. That's what they think when they finally give in to their attraction.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You don't want to hit me."

"Why not?"

For the first time, he let his mask slip so she could see the predator the government created. "The second you make contact, I'll have you on that bar, held tight, my cock pressed between your legs, my lips on yours until you beg for more. Even fully clothed, I may make you come- and I won't care who's watching."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I've got to say, I really liked Laney. She has a secret of her own. One I slightly suspected but kept changing my mind about. She was strong for the most part, but every heroine needs a hero to protect her. That's what Laney got in Matt. She would fight to protect those important to her, but also loved feeling safe in Matt's arms. I loved her for going out to get what she wants, and she did just that with Matt. She challenged Matt, and the results of challenging him were freaking HOT! So, I liked her for that alone, for making his sexy beast come out.

Matt has always been really protective of his brothers. He felt responisble for their well being. After losing his brother Jory, he knows he needs to step up and help his brothers find the code for the chip that could kill them in three short months. This is what he is doing in Charmed, Idaho. He has a lead. The doctor who surgically inserted those chips into their spines is there. He just needs to find out who she is. Then he meets Laney, a woman who makes him feel things he never has before. He has a secret of his own, one he can't tell Laney about. But his alpha instincts kick in whenever he is near her, he must protect what is his. No matter how much he tries to resist having anything more meaningful with Laney, she won't let him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Spread your legs,” he whispered into her ear, the crass suggestion nearly throwing her into an early orgasm.

“I, ah…”

His other hand tethered in her hair and tugged her head to the side. Hot and firm, his lips traced her jugular until he spoke against her skin. “I believe the words were clear. Spread. Your. Legs"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I LOVED Matt!! Seriously, So. Friggin'. Sexy. He blasted those panties right off of me. The dirty things he said and did. GAH!! He was just so awesome with his alpha commando-ness. And all those steamy scenes were scorching. He was super protective, possessive, caring, and even sweet at times. I want him for myself! He was such a great brother. Loved him, just freaking loved him! I think that says it all.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

For his entire life, he'd never broken a promise. So he gave her one. "Forever, Laney. I promise."
●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was just amazeballs! There was a perfect balance between entertaining suspense and crazy foggy steam. The storyline had me hooked since the first book, and it continues to do so, if not more. There was a twist in this book too! I don't know how Rebecca manages to do this, but I never freaking see it coming. That's just so awesome. I don't want to spoil it, you'll have to read it to know what I mean. But really enjoyed this one more than the last. The ending was wonderfully done. I was really happy with Laney and Matt's conclusion. And THAT freaking epilogue. OMG!! I CAN'T wait for Nathan's book!! There was sort of a storyline cliffhanger, that has nothing to do with Laney and Matt's relationship. So, you don't have to worry. But I am HIGHLY anticipating that book. I definitely recommend you give this a read. It's so good!