Review: Until You By Penelope Douglas

Until You (Fall Away, #1.5) - Penelope Douglas

♥♥♥ 5 Awesome Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I wanted her to hurt. I didn't want her to hurt. I hated her. I loved her...

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When I heard we would be getting Jared't POV... I could not wait! Why? Well, because, I really liked the book Bully, but had a hard time understanding Jared. I didn't get why he did the things he did to Tate. And even though by the end of Bully I softened to him slightly, I couldn't love him. So, I hoped this book would change my mind... and it totally did.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I want to touch you," I whispered against her lips. "I want to feel what's mine. What's always been mine."

Please.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

What I loved about this was that we got a new story. Yes, there were still quite a few of the same scenes, but how can it not? I LOVED the fact that I got so much more new stuff. You get insight in Jared's past, and that terrible summer that changed him. My heart hurt deeply for him. The things he and his younger brother went through in the hands of his father was horrible. I'm actually kind of glad he didn't end up being a lot worse than he was. Still, I didn't agree with his actions.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tate. My Tate. My best friend, and my worst enemy. The girl that turned my world upside down with her overalls and red baseball cap.

The only person in every one of my good memories.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tate, I still very much loved. Seeing her in Jared's eyes made me like her more. She was really strong, something I really liked about her. There were so many times where Jared frustrated the crap out of me, though. His way of thinking made no sense at times. He jumped to conclusions too much, just like Tate had as well. His reasons for hurting her were still not right to me. But, I did get him more.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I can't change the past, Tate. I wish I could, because I'd go back and relive every day that I existed without you, and I'd make sure that you smiled. Every minute of my future belongs to you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

He may have been a bit of a crazy alpha, and mean at times, but the fact that he admitted it and wanted to be better, is what made me love him. He wasn't perfect, he made so many mistakes. But he wanted to deserve Tate and make everything up to her. He loved her so much, is was the one thing that he was unable to control, but he soon embraced it. He could be really sweet at times, thoughtful, and very dirty minded (which I didn't mind one bit). The steam in this book was higher because of it. I felt like he grew and changed for the better by the end of the book.

I loved and was so happy for them because they are on their road to having that friendship back. And also, for them to move forward from all the pain and hurt. I really enjoyed this story so much more, now that I got Jared's POV. I am excited and can't wait to find out what else there is in store for these characters. I can't wait to see how much more they can grow. If you enjoyed Bully, then this is book you must read. You get so much more in this book. It was not a retelling of the same story with the same scenes. It was really well done. Now, I can't wait to read Madoc's book!