Review: Shock & Awe By Abigail Roux

Shock & Awe  - Abigail Roux

♥♥♥ 5 Scorching Hot Stars ♥♥♥

"Hey, Irish?"
Nick turned to him, the beginnings of a smile on his face.
"Will you kiss me?"

Kelly Abbott

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"See, every time I think about you now, I get these butterflies," Kelly explained, fluttering his fingers at his chest. "And it's weird because it's you, and you're you. But I like it too. And...I like that it's you. So I'm not sure what to do with that.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Shock & Awe is a novella about Kelly Abott and Nick O'Flaherty. Many of you already know who they are because of the many appearances they make in the Cut & Run Series. After reading the snippet on this, I couldn't wait to read it all. I was not disappointed in the least. This starts off where the Touch & Geaux left off. Kelly is recovering from his injury and Nick is taking care of him. Kelly is on some painkillers because of his gunshot wound and they start to wonder if it's doing some weird things to him. He is curious about Ty and Zane's relationship. He wants that with someone and realizes that he is may already have that with Nick. But he wants to explore all aspects of it. So, he thought it was just painkiller goggles. But then he realized what he felt was real.

Nick O'Flaherty

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"What about that guy? What was his name? The fireman?"

Nick cleared his throat and loosened his hold on Kelly's shoulders. "Aidan. Like I said, that's been pretty casual. And...if there's something here with you?" He looked up and into Kelly's eyes. "How could I pass that up?"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Nick, who I didn't really like in the past, totally made my panties combust. He was one sexy HOT man. I was not expecting him to be that way, but he totally was. The sex scenes were super steamy. I loved the connection Nick and Kelly had. They definitely share something special between them like Ty and Zane share. I loved them together. They didn't surpass my love for Ty and Zane, but that's not to say I didn't love Nick and Kelly. I really am surprised to say that I did love them. Especially Nick, since I didn't like him much before. When it was over, I was left wanting more of them. Then I thanked the heavens Abigail had the forethought of adding another short into the mix, Bait & Switch. It was AMAZING! It gave me exactly what I was wanting to read. I am so excited to read the next book of the Cut & Run series. I REALLY enjoyed it. I would rate this 4.5, but since there was a bonus short added to it. I gave it a 5. It was just deliciously awesome and loved that crap out of it.