Beauty from Pain (Beauty Series #1)

Beauty From Pain (Beauty Series) - Georgia Cates
♥♥♥ 4.5 Smoking Hot Jack Henry Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

They agreed to three months...
But their love knew no boundaries.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Laurelyn Prescott needs to get away from Nashville for a while, because things at home are not going well. She decides to accompany her best friend Addison to Austrailia on a three month vacation, where they will stay at Addison's brother, Ben's apartment. Laurelyn isn't looking for anything while she's there, but Addison insists she should try to get together with Ben. Unfortunately, she's just not interested. Things start to change when she meets Jack McLachlan.

Jack McLachlan is a successful wealthy winemaking magnate. He is well-known in Australia, and that is why he likes to lead a very private life. That means long lasting relationships are a big no-no for him. He doesn't want anything complicated. He only does simple, short, anonymous, no strings attatched affairs. And that is exactly what he was in search for when he meets Laurelyn Prescott. He knows he has found the one for what he has in mind.

I started this book and I was completely hooked from the get-go. I didn't want to put this down. I'm not gonna lie. I found Jack McLachlan to be very intriguing.

So, it starts with Laurelyn's arrival to Wagga Wagga, Australia, where she pretty much has to avoid her best friend's brother Ben, as much as possible. Ben doesn't get the hint that she is just not into him. They all go to a bar on her first night there. Laurelyn is a twenty-two year old musician, singer, and songwriter, so, when she sees it's karaoke night, she goes on stage and sings. This is where twenty-nine year old Jack McLachlan sees her. He is captivated by her presence on stage and all he knows is he has to meet her.

The attraction between these two is definitely there, as well as the sexual tension. After he discovers she will be staying in Australia for three months, and then go back home to America after that, he knows that she is indeed perfect. The ending will be clean and he will never risk bumping into her again. Now, all Jack has to do is proposition her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“When the three months is over, so are we. I'll move on and you will too. Because you won't know my name or any identifying information about me, you'll have no way to contact me. Ever."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I’m a very wealthy man. The three months we spend together would be the best of your life. You’d never be able to top what you’d experience with me... I'd make your fantasies a reality.”

"Sounds like you need an escort or a prostitute, and I'm neither of those things."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved the fact that she wasn't the typical heroine that falls for the guy and goes off with him blindly. She stood up for herself and thought alot about it before coming to a decision. I was so glad about that. I liked her from then on and was really able to connect with her.

Jack was SO FREAKING HOT! Okay,*deep breath* I needed to let that out. Anyways, he was possessive, sexy and just plain Awesome, oh yeah, and he has an Australian accent *Swoon*. He melted my panties so many times. We were able to see his POV, as well as Laurelyn's. I absolutely loved that! I love getting to see what is going on in the hero's mind, because then I get to understand him better. I very much enjoyed the steaminess he brought to the story and seeing him slowly fall for Laurelyn.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

She makes me want to break down and tell her everything. It’s strange -- I’ve never wanted to do that before. She makes me want to do lots of new things.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

They both had a lot of things to get over. Laurelyn has things in her past that have deeply affected her. While Jack has trust issues and doesn't let anyone to really know him. I liked that not too much was revealed about either of them. So I was able to get to know them at the same time they learned those things about each other.

Overall, I really liked the story and characters. I am so glad I waited for the second book to be out before reading this one, because the cliffhanger would have killed me. Seriously, what a way to end a book! Now, I can't wait to see what happens! I need it now! So, I'm off to read the next.