Raid - Kristen Ashley 3.75 Stars

I have got to say that I actually liked this one more than the previous books of this series. I was able to connect better with the characters in this book. Raid was a sexy alpha who had me feeling tingles throughout the book. He was also a good hearted person, sweet, and just oh so swoony. I even enjoyed Hanna, she never annoyed me, in fact, she was quite endearing to me. Hanna was a hardworking, kind woman who had her dumb moments, but again, didn't annoy me. The character that I totally loved was Hanna's grandmother. She was a little crazy but so wise and really funny.

This book was quite different from the others of this series. It was shorter for one. But I felt it wasn't as intense as the others. Despite the fact, I felt this worked better for me because I found myself enjoying it more. However, it left me wanting for something that was missing. I guess the plot could have been more developed. I still don't get what is going on with Nick Sebring who appears in this book as he does in the previous two. I also found that Raid was the least anti-hero when compared to Knight and Creed. Not that I'm complaining because I still thought Raid was HOT!

The sex in this book was a bit lacking in my opinion. This was an erotica book so I expected it to be all kinds of very hot. I mean it was still steamy but I felt it could have been hotter. Still, I think it was good, so it didn't exactly disappoint. I got to say though, just because Raid was domineering in bed, I didn't think it was exactly bdsm.

The epilogue, I thought was lovely except for one part that made me sad. But don't worry, you still leave finishing this book with a good feeling. It wasn't KA's best, but overall I think it was a good read.

Favourite Quotes:

*"You're my reward, Hanna"

*“Cause all you gotta know is it's gonna be you - and only you - until the day I die... You're not just enough for me. You're everything I want.”

*"She doesn't do it for me, Hanna... You do it for me because you were that girl across the street, your hair shining in the sun, laughing, making me fall in love with you, and I didn't even goddamned f*cking know you."

*"I gave a lot of thought to the woman I'd want in my bed. I grew older and gave more thought to that woman, but also about the woman I wanted in my life. And she was you. Then I met you. And now, every day I wake up I cannot believe my luck because you're here."