Dance With Me by Heidi Cullinan

Dance With Me - Heidi Cullinan

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You don't simply feel the rhythm. You must feel the soul, both of the dance and of your partner. The tango isn't something you dance. It's a story you create with another."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ed Maurer is an ex-semipro-football player that has had to leave his athletic glory behind due to a neck injury that bans him from ever playing again. Ed doesn't want to accept his fate that he is disabled as a result. He is determined to live his life as normal as possible even without football, by trying to ignore the pain he sporadically gets. That means having an office job he hates. While also volunteering at a community center, the only thing he looks forward to.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"With the right partner, it's like I'm anchored, and I can do anything."

Ed's lips brushed Laurie's ear, sending electricity through his body, but his words burrowed into Laurie's soul. "I want to be your right partner."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Laurie Parker was once a rising star in the ballet community. But after an event left him feeling humiliated he has turned his back to competing professionally. Now, Laurie is a dance instructor at the same community center. Everything is great for Laurie until Ed enters the picture pestering him about the volume of his music he uses in his classes. Things change when Ed ends up being his dance assistant in exchange for turning the volume down.

I can't tell you how much I loved these two characters. They were so freaking cute together. When Ed and Laurie begin dancing together, it made me giddy seeing that attraction between them grow. They were pretty opposite as well. Ed was a "manly" broad football player making average pay, while Laurie was a slightly "feminine" dancer with a wealthy background. Yet, they worked so well together. I loved being inside Ed's head and seeing how he was falling for Laurie, it was so damn adorable. Another thing I really enjoy, and something have noticed from ready many of Heidi's books, is that she thoroughly researches what she writes about. In this case, it was the dancing. It was described so well with some delicious sensual tension that the only thing that could make it better was to see it live.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'I don't ever want to disappoint you. I want to stay here, like this. Always. I don't want to just take care of you. I want you to take care of me too.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book also had many emotional moments that made me feel for Ed and Laurie. They were both a bit broken, but together they calmed, supported, and healed each other. I loved how Laurie took care of Ed. It was really just a beautiful story. The only reason I didn't give it a higher rating, was because some parts of the book were a bit slow at times. I also didn't really care for one sex scene in particular. But other than that, it was a wonderfully written story that was very enjoyable. I loved both the characters and really connected with them. I definitely recommend this one.