Review: Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas

Promised - Jodi Ellen Malpas

♥♥♥ 3.75 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I've lost control of everything. My mind. My heart. He's hijacking every part of me. I'm at his mercy. And I like it."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Livy is a twenty four year old newly employed at a coffee shop, where she is still struggling to get a hang on the coffee machine. In walks in a mysteriously handsome man looking to get a cup of coffee. The attraction is immediate, which causes Livy to fluster. After leaving a note he signed as "M" that insulted her coffee, she dislikes him. Thinking she will never see him again, she does. This is when she knows that the attraction is not one sided. He can't give everything she deserves, but he can give her one night of amazing pleasure.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Every time I take you, you’ll remember it. Each and every moment will be etched on that beautiful mind of yours for ever. Every kiss. Every touch. Every word."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Livy had been taking care of her sick grandmother. Her Nan isn't sick anymore but Livy still lives with her. Nan keeps pushing Livy to live a little because all she does is stay at home, she's never been the partying type. Now, she meets M, wanting to spend one night with her and she doesn't know what to do. She's never done anything like this just for the fun of it. But, the sexy M can be very persuasive and soon she gives in.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Cuddling’s my thing with you, Olivia Taylor. I just want to hold you. Close your eyes and enjoy the silence."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed this story. It did start off a bit slow for me--even though things were going pretty fast between the characters--I thought for a second that I wasn't going to like this, but, I did. I liked Livy for the most part. She was quirky and could be quite sassy which I liked. I liked that she was herself and didn't really care what anyone thought of her. I loved her funny and nosey Nan. I didn't really care for the clichéd gay best friend because he had his moments, but he was alright for the most part. M, however, really got my interest. He was such a jerk at times that it made me get pissed off, and then he would do something so freaking hot that would make me melt. He was a total enigma and like Livy, I was crazy with wanting to know more about him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I want to surrender myself to you completely, Livy. I want to be yours. You are my perfect."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As the book progressed the more I became hooked to the story. I didn't end up loving it, but I did really like it. The steam in this book was really hot! There was just no way you can resist M. The ending was really great, although I was not happy with how Livy handled the big secret that was revealed. It has definitely left me über curious as to what will happen next. So, I am going to have to jump into the next part fast. Overall, it was a good read. Not a bad start to the series.