Review: Love Surfaced by Michelle Lynn

Love Surfaced - Michelle Lynn, Unforeseen Editing

♥♥♥ 3.5 STARS ♥♥♥

"Why now?"

"I honestly can't stay away anymore."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Piper has been in love with Tanner for as long as she can remember. He's always been there in her life as kids, as teens, and now as young adults. The problem is he only sees her as his best friend's twin sister. But things change when their friendly flirting becomes so much more. They end up having a secret relationship so they don't hurt her brother Brad. Tanner doesn't want this to be a fling, he wants more and to tell his best friend how he feels about his sister. Before that happens, however, things come to a bad end when Tanner reveals some information to Piper he had been keeping from her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're the girl for me, and I doubt a carbon copy of you is out there somewhere...Just know, you'll always hold my heart."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Two years later and Tanner is training hard to swim in the Olympics. Piper gave up on swimming and is now working as a teacher in a community college. She hasn't had any contact with Tanner since he broke her trust. And now it seems she will see him again since he is the best man for her brother's wedding. Despite Piper trying to get over Tanner, one meeting with him and she is almost ready to cave. Their attraction is just as heady as it always was. This time, Tanner isn't going to give her up without a fight.

I thought the story was a sweet one. I really enjoyed the first part of the book where Tanner and Piper are seniors in college. I liked the banter between them but not as much as I liked the scorching connection they shared. It was crazy hot! The whole story was in Piper's POV, which I usually don't mind, but there were times I really wished I could get Tanner's perspective. The only reason I didn't care too much for Piper's POV was because of how insecure she was that could get annoying at times. At least she had Bea, her best friend to keep her in line. I did find it a bit frustrating not knowing what it was that Tanner told her that led to their break up. We do get to eventually find out, but I desperately wanted to know what it was. Once I found out what it was, I kind of thought Piper overreacted just a tad, and she was very stubborn in not letting Tanner explain everything to her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you, Piper Ashby, and I promise never to ruin us again."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, I enjoyed the story. It was sweet with some drama and angst to make things interesting. I absolutely loved Tanner, he was one sexy beast. Not to mention such a loving and selfless man. I really liked the cute and romantic epilogue. It was a good read and it was definitely something I can see people enjoying.

~ARC gifted to Kris & Vik Book Therapy Cafe in exchange for an honest review.~