Review: Destroyed by Pepper Winters

Destroyed - Pepper Winters

♥♥♥ 4.5 'I am Destroyed' Stars ♥♥♥

What on earth did I just read. I mean, I read the blurb and I knew it was going to be dark and intense. I mean, hello, Pepper Winters wrote it. But, holy hell...I feel so freaking drained from the book. It left me completely destroyed. And I'm having a hard time on how to even begin with this review.

I started the book and right off the bat I thought 'Oh, no. This book might not be for me.', I was ready to give up because I didn't like the choices the heroine made. I read a bit more, saying to myself that this might be a DNF, but then such horrible things happen. You know when you see something you know is going to end so freaking bad that you tell yourself you have to look away but then end up looking anyway. Yeah, well that was what happened to me with this book. I kept on reading anyway because it freaking hooked me in. I kept telling myself to stop, but I just couldn't. I continued to torture myself with everything that was going on this book.

I'm not going to give any of the events that took place in this book away. Just in case you plan on reading this book, its best to do so with little knowledge of what it is about. I will say, that it did take me a while to connect with the characters, but when I did, I wish I hadn't. My heart so freaking much while reading this. I felt such anger, frustration, confusion, and sadness that I bawled my eyes out like crazy. This story was definitely everything you'd expect from a Pepper Winters book, dark, intense and emotional. It was so hard for me to read that I had to keep taking breaks in between reading. Yet somehow, by some miracle, I managed to finish it one day. Again, I won't give anything away, but damn there were some messed up things that happened. And I mean MESSED UP!

Both characters were so flawed and frustrating. I both hate and love them at the same time. The ending of this book I really enjoyed, but I do feel it went by a bit too fast, maybe a little too rushed which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. Other than that, I was really happy with it. The writing definitely deserved 5+ stars. I love how Pepper Winters is always able to get such strong reactions out of me when I read one of her books. The story was a unique one, and one I won't be forgetting any time soon. If you aren't afraid of your emotions getting battered and being thrown all over the place, then I definitely recommend you give this amazing book a try.

***WARNING: book contains scenes of violence and rape.***