Review: Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair

Club Shadowlands - Cherise Sinclair

♥♥♥ 3.25 STARS ♥♥♥

This was quite the short read, but it was full of steam. It was a pretty good start to the series, but it wasn't without any flaws.

The story starts off with the Jessica leaving a horrible date, and her car stranding her on a street in the pouring rain alone. She goes in search for some help when she comes across Club Shadowlands. She has no idea the nature of this club or that that night is BDSM night. This is where she meets Master Z, a Dom, she is immensely attracted to.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"But a Dom's responsibilities include exploring your needs, both the desires you know about and those you haven't experienced. I think, someday, you might well enjoy being on display--And I'd enjoy seeing you there."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Like I mentioned before, it was a good start, but I did feel Jessica was a bit too naive. I also thought her decisions were quite questionable. I mean, I thought she was sweet, tough and feisty, which I liked. She was insecure of her body because she wasn't thin, which didn't make me dislike her. But, she goes off with this Master Z, a complete stranger, and lets him tie her up and have his way with her. She wanted it too, mind you, but it was just weird. They were talking about trust when they barely knew each other.

Master Z, I will admit was freaking hot. We were able to get his POV too, which I really liked. I loved the kind way he treated Jessica. He never rushed Jessica into accepting this BDSM lifestyle. He was an awesome Dom and super sexy when he took control. The mind reading thing was a tiny bit freaky, though. Just because it would freak me out for someone to figure out what I am always thinking. Other than that, I really liked Master Z.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'He wanted more from her than a few evenings in the club. She roused feelings in him that he hadn't felt in a long time.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The writing was bad at all, but the book may have been too short. I wasn't able to feel a complete connection between these two, because I felt that they never really got to know each other completely. There was definitely something there, but I felt that it was a bit rushed near the end. Which brings me to the ending. Something was definitely missing from the ending. After two nights together, they seem to have fallen for each other, which was way too fast for me. I needed to know more, but it just ended rather abruptly. The steam was good, at times too clinical, but hot. The BDSM was light, which makes this a good read for a beginner who wants to dive into the BDSM genre. Overall, it was a good read. I look forward to reading the next books, because I hear it only gets better.