Review: Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Opposition - Jennifer L. Armentrout

4.5 'I can't believe it's over' Stars

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me. I … burned down an entire city to keep you safe. I’ve killed for you. Did you think I’d forget what you mean to me? That anything in this world— in any world— would be stronger than my love for you?”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't believe this was the last book, but at the same time I am so happy it was. I really enjoyed this series and this last book was absolutely great. I will miss Daemon and Katy.

Again, after that crazy cliffhanger, I could not wait to get started on this last book of the series. Things pick up where it was left off in the previous book. Katy finds herself not knowing how to find Daemon, Dee, and Dawson. And doesn't know who to really trust either. But at that moment, the only people she had to rely on were Luc and Archer. With their help, she does whatever she can to save them.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’ve got a big heart, Kitten.” His lips cruised over mine as he spoke. “That’s what I love about you most. Well, that and I am a really big fan of your sweet body, but your heart? Yeah, that completes the package of you, wraps it up with a nice little bow. It makes you perfect to me.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I thought the previous book had so much action and suspense, but this one probably had way more. And, I loved every moment of it all. Like with my review of the previous book, I will reveal very little of the story line. You are just going to have to read it to find out all the intense things that happen. There were some crazy twist and turns in this one too. I like that the author was able to surprise me, I never really knew what was going to happen next.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I know there were many times when I didn't deserve you, especially with the way I treated you in the beginning, but I plan on using every second to make up for that."

"You already have. Many times."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There were so many things I loved about this series. I LOVED Daemon!! He made my heart melt so hard and smile so big!! I still very much enjoyed the silly banter between him and Katy, as well as him and other characters. There were quite a few secondary characters that I also really loved. Especially Archer, don't know why, but he now has a piece of my heart too. I loved Luc, too!! And, all the funny things that came out of his mouth.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Everything had started with Dawson and Beth.
"Kat?"
My breath caught as I heard his voice. My chin dipped to my chest as I slowly wheeled around.
And everything ended with Daemon and me.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

In the end, I loved this book!! I never thought I would love an alien romance series as much as I did with this one. Especially a YA one at that. Everything that occurred since the first book had me hooked until the very end. I could not put this one down, either, and I loved that I was always having to guess what would happen next. And a lot of things go down in this one. The ending was just perfect!! I loved it so much. I was truly happy with how things concluded for Daemon and Katy. Makes me kind of sad to say goodbye to them, but it was so, so great. I seriously recommend you give this series a try if you don't mind reading a little SciFi. You just cannot miss out on Katy and the amazing Daemon. I am going to keep my fingers crossed Archer gets a book too.

If you have finished reading this book and want a little bit more of Daemon and Katy, check out this bonus scene, courtesy of Jennifer L. Armentrout.