Review: Starfish and Coffee by Kele Moon

Starfish and Coffee - Kele Moon

♥♥♥ 4.75 STARS ♥♥♥

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

"Alex realized then that the island wasn't his home; it never had been. Matt was his home..."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Why...I seriously do NOT know WHY I had waited that long to read this book. I had no idea what I was missing out on. This book was beautiful and I loved every moment of it!

This book starts off in the present where Alex is being haunted by the memories of his relationship with Matt. No matter how much time has gone by since they went their separate ways, he still longs for him, and his feelings for him haven't dulled in the least. This is a story about a second chance at love, which I am a huge sucker for. It's been six years since Matt left Mirabella Island for Atlanta heart broken, and now he is temporarily back to his hometown where Alex still resides. But, when these two see each other again, that same connection that drew them to each other six years ago, is still very much present. They can't seem to stay away from each other no matter how hard they try.

The book then goes back in time to where Alex and Matt met. Matt was trying to avoid being stepping into his father's shoes as head of the family company. That isn't what he wants in life. So to rebel, he ends up working at a restaurant, something his mother disapproves of. Here is where he meets Alex. It was a rocky start but they end up hitting it off and soon become friends. However, Matt is attracted to Alex and little does he know that Alex feels the same way.

“Say you're mine."

"I'm yours. Forever."

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Alex has been "out" to himself and to his best friend Holly for quite sometime. He just doesn't want any one else finding out about it, especially his brother Will. When Alex realizes that what he is feeling for Matt may be reciprocated, he takes a risk and makes a move. They both agree it can only be sex and nothing more, but that quickly changes when their feelings get involved.

I loved this book to pieces! I loved both Alex and Matt. They were alpha, strong, sweet and super sexy together. I loved watching them fall in love, it seriously melted my heart. There were moments where both of them were so vulnerable, that it hurt me deeply seeing them in that state. But the love between them was so beautiful to read. The sex scenes were über HOT!! I am talking SMOKING!! They had such amazing chemistry together, both in and out of bed. I loved it all!!

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

“That’s the nice thing about home. One way or another, you usually find your way back”

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

In the end, I LOVED this book so much. I LOVED both Matt and Alex separately, but when they were together my heart was bursting with joy. I enjoyed the story line and that neither of the characters irritated the crap out of me, well except Matt's mother that is. I even liked Holly, but I did wish there would have been more of conclusion for Holly and Will. Other than that, I was happy for Alex and Matt. It was beautiful and I definitely recommend you give this a try.