Review:Unfixable by Tessa Bailey

Unfixable - Tessa Bailey

♥♥♥ 3.5 'I want me a sexy Irishman' Stars♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Love comes in many forms. It’s not always sweet. Or comfortable. Sometimes it’s selfish and consuming. Volatile. It makes choices for you. It demands you obey it, not taking no for an answer. And it’s usually right. It knows you better than you know yourself.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When I read about Willa in Ginger's book, Protecting What's His, I could not wait to read her book. I loved Willa's snarky attitude and just how big her personality was. And once again, Jen was gracious enough to Buddy Read this one with me.

The book starts with Willa traveling to Ireland after winning a photography contest. This is where she meets the sexy as sin Irishman, but full of attitude, Shane Claymore. This is not good whatsoever fo Willa. She's trying to get over a break up and is not looking to get involved with anyone any time soon. But resisting him becomes a challenge.

Like I mentioned before, I really liked Willa in Ginger's book, who is also her sister. But I found that Willa's snarkiness was almost no where to be found here. She was confident, that she was, but the attitude that drew me to her wasn't much present. I guess that was only for her teenage days. I did like her in this book too, even if she did feel different. There were moments where I wish she wasn't so stubborn, but overall, I did like her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“How do you manage to see the best in everyone, Willa, but only the worst in yourself?”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Shane is the owner/bartender of the Inn where Willa will be staying at during her trip. He first came off as moody and a bit abrasive. But you soon find out that he is a really great guy. He tries very hard to stay away from Willa. But, he just can't. He gets jealous when any man comes near her, which I loved because he was all alpha on her. He comes up with the decision to stop fighting it and pursues her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“That’s right, girl. Scream my fucking name. Only mine.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Oh, Shane, how I loved thee!! He was so freaking hot!! I could not get enough of this man!! He was sexy, and that Irish accent of his...SWOON! I loved how alpha he could be at times, as well as that wonderful dirty mouth of his too. I just loved him, although I could have done without him always calling Willa 'girl', but still loved him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You can’t fix me with a few magic words.”

“Willa….there’s nothing to fix.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed this book, sure it was a tad bit lighter in steam than the other Tessa Bailey book I have read, but I'm assuming it's because this one is New Adult. It was still good, though, and very hot. I enjoyed the secondary characters, like Faith, who reminded me of the Willa I knew in Protecting What's His. I loved the glimpses we got of Ginger and Derek and how they are doing. I loved Shane to pieces and Willa was likeable. Overall, it was a light steamy read I think everyone should try.

~Buddy Read with Jen~