Review: Rush by Nyrae Dawn

Rush - Nyrae Dawn

♥♥♥ 3 STARS ♥♥♥

Well, after seeing so many of my friends love this, I became excited to read this and love it too. However, that was not the case for me. It wasn't completely bad for me, I did enjoy some parts but I did not love it. I found it a bit hard to like Brandon until he was finally doing something right. Then Alec became all weird, it was like they switched personalities. I didn't get it and they seemed too similar at times that you couldn't tell them apart.

I don't really have too much to say about this book. Some things Brandon did in the beginning annoyed me, and then some things Alec did in the last part annoyed me too. I think the whole, "Should we or shouldn't we" thing that kept going back in forth is what got old very quick for me. I got the whole hiding their relationship thing, but it happened for most of the book which is what I didn't like.

The steam was quite low and was surprised by how long it took them to do anything with each other. I felt like everything that happened took way to long to occur. There were a few moments I did enjoy that were sweet, funny and emotional. But, it wasn't enough for me to love it. The story was quite predictable and I just wanted to see their relationship to bloom between them more.

Overall, I thought it was an alright read. I would recommend this one to people who are looking for their first m/m book to read.