Review: The Art of Breathing by T.J. Klune

The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles) - T.J. Klune

♥♥♥ 5 "Inevitable" Stars ♥♥♥

"Took us a while."
He chuckles. "You could say that."
"It won't be easy."
"Nothing worth having ever is."
I smile. "That's pretty damn cheesy. Lucky for you it worked."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I am a HUGE fan of this series and this author, ever since I read the first book. So, when I heard a third book was coming out, I. Could. Not. Wait. And now that I have finished reading it, I am happy to say that it did not disappoint.

As soon as I opened the book, I was hit hard with nostalgia. I freaking missed the crap out of all of these characters!! And once I started, I had a real hard time putting this one down. So, this book starts off with an adorable prologue that had me smiling with joy at how Ty a.k.a "The Kid" met Dominic. So sweet!!

======TY======

Oh, how much Ty has grown, or maybe not so much in stature, but he has come along way from the intelligent little boy he once was. In fact, he has become a little bit like his older brother Bear a.k.a. Derrick. Which was really funny to see. This book goes from Ty being a kid to Ty the college student. There are so many things Ty has to get over that still affect him from his past. He also has to figure out his feelings and relationship with Dom. It was a crazy long journey and one hell of an emotional one. My heart broke for my little Ty, that I cried on multiple ocassions. Because funny thing, I still saw him as Ty "The Kid", he feels like family which is why I got what Bear was going through. I didn't want him to suffer, instead I wanted him to have love and all the success and eco-terrorist like him could have.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"We're good together. You and I."

"I know," he says. "We always have been." And we always could be goes unsaid.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

So many things took place in this book. Stuff I won't get into detail about so as to not spoil it for anyone. Yes, a lot of it was heartbreaking but there were also a lot of laugh out loud moments that you come to expect from a T.J. Klune book. I love the over the top banter and humour. I simply couldn't get enough of them all.

======DOM=====

Then there is Dom, who I'm not going to lie, I REALLY wished I could have gotten a bit of his POV to know what was running through his head, but oh, well. I will say that Dom made me swoon really freaking hard. I love the way he is with Ty. He is his protector, his friend, anything Ty needs him to be. They share this unconditional love for one another that no matter how much time goes by, didn't seem to diminish it. I just loved that and them together. It totally melted my heart.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You and me? It might take time. It might be hard. But I will stand by you and I will help you breathe, and if there are days when there are earthquakes, I promise you I'll protect you from anything that falls."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I've got to say that one of my favourite scenes from the book was having the characters from Tell Me It's Real, (another absolute favourite of mine) and the characters from BOATK all together. It was so freaking hilarious and so much fun that I was high from it all. It really was awesome and I loved the way T.J. wrote those parts and kind of poked fun of it all. I also really loved Kori/Corey, the best this character really was. I could not stop snickering during his/her scenes.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I don't need any other home," he tells me roughly. "I don't need any other home than you, so you don't ever forget that, you hear me? You don't ever forget me. You can't. You just can't."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really had a blast reading this book, well except for the really emotional parts that had me weeping. But I loved it all!! Like I mentioned before, these characters feel so real that they feel like family. Each and everyone of them have a spot in my heart. I loved the writing. I loved Ty and Dom together. And that ending...seriously!! That epilogue has me wanting more!! Now!! Overall, it was en emotional but very EPIC read that I truly loved. I can't wait to see what comes next!!

~Buddy read with Lili~ <3