Review: The Will By Kristen Ashley

The Will - Kristen Ashley

♥♥♥ 4.25 "Aannd KA's mojo is back" Stars ♥♥♥

After I finished reading this one, I had to stop and thinking how I was going to rate it. Some parts were 5 Stars for me while a few others were almost a 3.5. So I finally settled for a 4.25. Really enjoyed this one, something I hadn't been able to really do with KA's new books. But this one was wonderful.

I started the book with so much talk about how many people were annoyed with the heroine. So, I dove in expecting the worse. Yes, Josie talks in a very proper way with no vulgarities that seemed a bit too Disney at times. Yes, she at times seemed to care more about people's appearance and the like but that comes with her profession--she is in the fashion industry. Yes, she at times came off as being kind of judgmental but she grew by the end. Because everything she ever was before meeting Jake was a mask she wore. Life had not been kind to her, the only person who really new her flaws and all was her just recently deceased grandmother.

I personally was entertained by how different Josie was from KA's heroines. I thought it was funny how she talked when everyone else in the book spoke the KA language. Still, I ended up liking her and her talk. I liked her even more when she was interacting with Jake and his kids. I loved how she got Jake's kids to open up to her and give them that mother figure that they desperately needed.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"What's next?" I queried.

"Don't know, Josie. Just know whatever it is I want you to be a part of it and I hope like fuck you want the same."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really LOVED Jake!! He was determined to be the best that he could be in order to provide for his family. He is a single father who has made a bad decision after another when it has come to his past relationships. Even though he has made these errors in his life, I love that he is trying hard to give his family his all and make them all happy without a mom in the picture. Plus, he was über yummy and just plain swoony!! What was there not to love about him? Even though I'm only 24 and Jake is WAY older than me, still loved him!! He was just so perfect.

There were a few parts, however that kind of seemed pointless which made it a tad bit boring. It just felt like the story wasn't really going anywhere because the story line was becoming about Jake's kids and their personal lives. That doesn't mean I didn't get to enjoy the little glimpses of their lives, because I did. But still, I wanted more of Jake and Josie, and not seeing them caught up in the other drama. I am hoping that Jake's kids get a book in the future, though. Especially Ethan, the youngest. He was just so damn adorable that I can't wait to see what kind of a man he grows up to be and what kind of a woman he ends up with.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I never wanted anything but you, Jake… And I wanted you before I even knew you… You’re everything I ever wanted, darling.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, I really liked the story. Yes there were some slow parts that were hard to get in to, BUT there were more parts that I loved. I absolutely loved the ending and seeing how it all came together. Never thought Jake could have an insecure and vulnerable side. Loved him for it because he became even more real. I loved that Josie was able to finally to see her dream from when she was young come true. It didn't matter that she was 45 when she finally got her happily ever after, it just mattered that she finally did. Seriously, loved that!! A great book from Kristen Ashley that it definitely worth giving a try.