Review: Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Extreme Exposure  - Pamela Clare

♥♥♥ 3.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You need a man, Kara. A man you can open up to. A man whose passion for life matches yours. A man who grabs your hair in big fistfuls and twists and pulls it when he's fucking you. A man willing to walk wire for you.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed this one. It had some steam, a sexy hero, an independent heroine and some exciting suspense.

The story is about a single mother and journalist, Kara McMillan. Like her mother, she has had to raise a child alone while also work hard at her career. It wasn't easy but she loves her life, for the most part. She still craves that companionship with a man, but most of all, she misses the sex.

I really liked Kara. She was a strong investigative journalist who was independent, and a good mother to her four year old son Connor. She did have a few moments where she was stubborn. But that was because she didn't want to get hurt by Reece when he comes waltzing into her life. She is attracted to him but doesn't know if he wants more than sex or not. She tries to resist him but it becomes impossible.

Reece Sheridan is a state senator of Colorado. He was a politician that actually cared about the causes he brought to light. In this book, he trying to get a bill to pass that will use old tires as fuel. Like Kara, he takes his career seriously and works really hard at what he does. He is also handsome, kind, and protective. I loved the way he treated Kara and her son. It was really sweet and adorable.

There was some steam in this book, but not very much, which wasn't a bad thing. I felt like the main focus of the story became the suspense of the environmental scandal. The first parts of the book were a bit slow because of it. I wasn't too interested in the scandal itself but I did enjoy reading about Kara finding out the truth. There were many suspenseful moments and threats made. I just, really wanted there to be a little more focus on the relationship development between Kara and Reece. I don't feel like I really got that here. I didn't really feel like I saw them fall in love, it just kind of happened. So, more one on one time is something I would have liked.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you Reece Sheridan."

He grinned. "I kinda figured."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The last part of the book is when things got a lot more interesting. This is where I actually got into the whole scandal part because things started to pick up. I really liked it and all the drama that occured. I LOVED everything Reece does for Kara, I really did. I absolutely loved the adorable Connor. I was happy with how things concluded for them all. It did, however, feel a tad bit rushed in my opinion. Again, I would have liked to see more of their relationship and how it all worked. The glimpse that I did get was very happy and sweet wish I really liked. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I liked some things about it and others not so much, but it was still an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to reading the next book and seeing where this series goes.