Review: Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover

♥♥♥ 4.5 Angsty But Beautiful Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“However, I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This story is starts off with Sydney Blake's world crumbling down. She has just caught her best friend and boyfriend of two years having an affair. She is lost and doesn't know where to go go or do next. The story then goes back two weeks where she is oblivious to what is happening behind her back. Her birthday is coming up and all seems to be going well.

She loves music and aspires to be a musician. She is going to do it despite her parents protests. The music coming from her neighbour's balcony lures her. Something about his music makes her feel. She becomes intrigued by him and the way he plays guitar. They soon form a friendship which leads her to learn that she is quite the song writer.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Tears begin to well in my eyes. I have no idea how or if I even deserve him, but there's one thing I know for sure. As long as he's part of it, I'll never live a life of mediocrity.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ridge Lawson has been having writer's block for such a long time, he's desperate to write something new. When he sees his neighbour on her balcony always listening to what he plays, he becomes interested in her. He wonders if she is a musician or singer. Every song he plays has no lyrics but she sings along anyway. When he gets her to send him the words she sings, he knows he has met his muse.

This is one of those stories where you have experience it all for yourself. And what an experience it was. I don't want to give much of the story away, but I loved the way it was written. I also loved the fact that Colleen Hoover decided to add a music soundtrack with her book so you could listen to the songs they wrote. That part was amazing to me and really helped me connect with the story even more.

Here's the link to the playlist for you to listen to the songs: http://www.maybesomedaysoundtrack.com...

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I kiss her every way I can possibly kiss her, because I plan on loving her every way I can possibly love her. Every single time we refused to cave in to our feelings in the past makes this kiss completely worth the sacrifices.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There was so much angst in this book. It drove me mad with frustration and hurt. But it was so beautifully done that I didn't want to stop reading. It was hard...and yes this brought me to tears, but I don't regret reading it. There is a love triangle in this one, which I think was done in a well manner. It confused my emotions so bad that I had no idea who I wanted Ridge to end up with. It has never happened to me, where I loved all the characters equally like it did in this book.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ridge- "I failed miserably at trying not to fall in love with you."

Sydney- "I failed first."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I also really liked the secondary characters in this book. They helped with the story and weren't just there as fillers. I think the person I liked the most was Warren. He was a loyal best friend to Ridge. He could be harsh and mean, but he was also very kind hearted. He would go to great lengths for Ridge because he considers him a brother. He is also a real clown with all of his pranks.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Despite how hard we tried to fight it, all of those things happened between us because our feelings for each other are becoming so much stronger than our desire. Desire is easy to fight. Especially when the only weapon desire possesses is attraction. It’s not so easy when you’re trying to win a war against the heart.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, I truly did enjoy this story despite the beatings to my emotions. I was hurt by some decisions that were made. I was so conflicted by it all. But it was a beautiful story, nonetheless. I loved the ending, but I did feel like it was rushed, which I didn't really like. I wasn't sure how I felt about the ending. I didn't know whether to be happy or upset with the conclusion. But in the end I was happy. I just wish it could have been futher developed just a little bit. An amazing book every Colleen Hoover fan should read.