Review: Ball & Chain By Abigail Roux

Ball & Chain  - Abigail Roux

♥♥♥ 4 "Never a quiet vacation" Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

How did this always happen to them? Every single time. Another vacation, another psychopath.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

So when I heard this was released early, My inner Ty and Zane creeper was SO FREAKING HAPPY!! Then I saw reviews left and right, and many not so good. So, I began to worry that I would end up hating this book. That was not the case, it wasn't perfect and a few things bothered me, but I really enjoyed this one.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I just mean..." Ty held a pent-up breath as he met Zane's eyes again. Zane's face was so sincere, looking at Ty in that way that always made Ty feel warm and loved. "I mean that all the experiences I've ever heard of in life...I want to have them with you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

We all know what happens at the end of Touch & Geaux, and if you don't know, stop reading this review. Time has passed by since then, where Ty was deployed. This book begins where Zane and Kelly are awaiting Ty and Nicks return. I melted when Ty and Zane reunited. Ty has changed, though. But then so has Zane, they are getting familiar with each other after so much time apart. This had me worried.

Deuce calls Ty to invite him to his wedding in Scotland and to be his best man. This is where the fun suspense parts happen. I will admit, I usually don't really care about the mystery of this series, because I was always to obsessed with Ty and Zane's relationship, but in this one, I really enjoyed it. I was hooked to the murders and suspects, and plot twists. It was awesome. What I also really enjoyed was that Nick and Kelly were apart of it too because I love these guys. Having said that, I was still a bit bothered by the fact that this book seemed to be shared with them. I love them...I do, but I really wanted more of Ty and Zane in this book, especially with it being the second last book in the series. This is why I didn't give this one a 5 star.

Still, it was hard not to enjoy this book. I loved all the hilarious and dirty banter. How I missed them all. Not only them, but the rest of the Grady family as well. Can I just say I freaking melted because of how Ty and Zane interacted with Deuce's daughter. SO SWEET!! And of course I was tingling with excitement any time Ty and Zane shared any alone time. It was hot! And it's during these times that my creeper-ness it bursting with joy. Seriously, it was panty melting HAWT!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Ty...Ty, oh fucking God, please," he whimpered, his entire body shaking. "Please..."

Ty pushed at his head to turn him into another brutal kiss. "Louder," he snarled.

"Please!"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I liked the fact that I got to know more about Nick and Kelly. There was some beautiful romantic scenes between them which I really loved. But again, I just wish that all of this would have been put into their OWN book instead of in Ty and Zane's. There was one part in particular where I felt so conflicted. I didn't know whether to feel happy or annoyed. It was right before the ending. Something big happens between Nick and Kelly but I couldn't be 100% happy for them. Especially when the ending had something big happen between Ty and Zane also. THAT, I felt could have waited for the next Nick and Kelly book, instead of putting it in this one.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you," Ty whispered against Zane's lips.

Zane smiled and pressed his nose agianst Ty's cheek. "I love you, too."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The ending, as in Ty and Zane's ending, was so amazingly beautiful!! I was so blissfully happy. I just loved it. It came to the point, where I was reading with this big goofy grin and tears in my eyes. It was so perfect. I am sad to see this series coming to an end. Ty and Zane will forever be one my top favourite couples EVER. I just can't seem to get enough of these guys. Overall, I thought it was a very good read. After all the mixed reviews, I guess I had lowered my expectations which is probably why I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I am hoping that the last book will be more solely about them this time. I NEED as much Ty and Zane time as I can get. I can't wait to see how Ty and Zane's happily ever after ends up being like. I just can't wait!