Review: Fueled by K. Bromberg

Fueled - K. Bromberg

4 "Spiderman. Batman. Superman. Ironman. " Stars

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I've never had to work so hard for something I never thought I wanted.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book...this book was such a ride. There were ups and downs and corners that sneaked up on you. It was an emotional rollercoaster ride that at times frustrated me but had me not wanting to put this down.

This book picks up right where the first left off. For those of you who have read the first book, you know it ends with one hell of a cliffhanger. So of course I had to find out what happens next and jumped right into this one. Plus, I was very upset with Colton and desperately wanted him to redeem himself. As soon as I started reading, that prologue--which gives an insight into Colton's painful childhood--absolutely hurt and sickened me. My poor Colton. Just from that snippet, Colton's behaviour made a whole of a lot more sense. In fact, this entire book helped me understand him more, which I loved because we got more of Colton's pov in this one.

I want her to own me.
Every fucking piece of me.
Game over baby.
She's my motherfucking checkered flag.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book focused more on the demons Colton had to move forward from. My heart hurt for him because in many ways, he is still a scared child because of it. I loved the way Rylee was with him and how she helped him become more willing to open up to her. I hurt deeply for the boy he once was and all he had to go through. It was all just so messed up.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I might not be able to tell you the things you need to hear with the traditional words you need to hear them in, but I swear to God, Rylee, I will try. And if I can't, then I'll show you. I'll show you with everything I have-anything it takes-where your place is in my life”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Because we got more chapters in his pov in this one, I felt like I connected with him more than I did in the first book. I got so angry and confused by him in the first but having his train of thought really helped me get him. I couldn't believe how insecure he could actually be and how worthless he saw himself. Seeing him struggle with his pain that held him captive made me fall for him. Seeing his vulnerable side completely melted me. I ended up really loving Colton in this book, even if he was still very much a jackass in this one. I loved seeing him slowly turn carefree, playful, funny, and happy when he was with Rylee.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Fight, Colton! For you. For us. For me. You don't get to pull away from me. You don't get to walk away without a second thought. I matter, Colton. I deserve the same more than you do. What we have is not inconsequential.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Rylee I still very much liked, which I was really happy about. Usually in trilogy books like this, the heroine gets on my nerves or frustrates the crap out of me. Rylee did have her moments, but it felt believable to me, not in an over the top annoying way. Rylee has insecurties of her own when it comes to Colton. But I like that she has the strength to try to push down her insecurites. She was strong and stood up for herself when she needed to. She was kind and caring. I loved seeing her interact with the children of "The House". She was bold and usually spoke her mind. For the most part she stayed rational. Yeah, she got confused, a bit scared, and frustrated me a bit, but so did Colton. I still really like her and I think she is perfect for Colton.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I race you, Ryles,” he says in a voice that’s implacable and unwavering amidst the swirling chaos.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I don't want to give much of the story away because it's best you just read it. This book had it all...scorching hot sex scenes, heartbreaking moments, nail biting angst, intense drama, and sweet moments too. I cried, laughed, panted, and smiled. I feel like I enjoyed this book a bit more than the first. I think that's because I loved Colton more in this one. The ending of this book had me so freaking happy. There was a big breakthrough that warmed my heart. This book also ends with a cliffhanger, but it has nothing to do with the relationship between Colton and Rylee. They are at a happy place when this book ends. But I still can't wait to read the next installment. I hope it's as good or better than this one.