Review: Incinerate By Tessa Teevan

Incinerate (Explosive) - Tessa Teevan

♥♥♥ 4.5 "Rugged Boyfriend" Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“...one of these days you’re going to meet someone that will make you stop being so damn cynical all the time, and I can’t wait for that day to come.”

“Never gonna happen.”

“Famous last words, Knox. Famous last words.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was so awesome!! I think I enjoyed this one better than the first. And I loved Jace, but Knox was just HAWT!!

When Charlie meets Knox for the first time at a bar, she is embarrased for being turned down. Then she ends up knocking on his door. She can't believe that he is the man that she has volunteered to take care of. How she is suppose to be in such close proximities with a man she is really attracted to?

Knox has suffered multiple injuries while at war. He isn't in place to start anything with anyone. In fact, he no longer does relationships. But when he sees Charlie, he knows there is something about her that just calls to him. He can't believe his curse...or luck when she is the once caring for him. He tries not to feel anything for her, but it's pretty impossible.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'For the first time in forever, I want more than a quick lay with a woman. I haven't wanted a relationship with anyone, but with Charlie, I do, and I'm already feeling stupidly possessive. I want to spend time with her, not as my roommate, but as my girl, mine and no one else's.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Charlie is the daughter of a military man, she has only had him in her life. Because of that, she is a bit of a tomboy. She enjoys boxing with the guys. She's tough, independent, and confident. And I really liked her. She now volunteers to help injured soldiers until they return back to health. It's been a while since her last relationship, that failed miserably, and her best friend insists it's time for her to go out. When she sees Knox at a bar, she is instanly attracted and she calls him 'Rugged Man' (In her mind of course). The next day she finds out he is the one she is assigned to take care of. They spend most of the time bickering and annoying each other. But slowly that develops into something more. She had her stubborn moments, but I loved how she went head to head with Knox and didn't back down. Plus, there was some crazy sexual tension between these two that was very entertaining to read. I don't think she ever annoyed me, I liked how clear she was for the most part. Her past relationship affected her, so she was a bit reluctant to trust, which was very understandable since he cheated on her. But I like her fiery personality and how quickly she picks herself up.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I don't know what I'm doing here, but I'm trying. All I can tell you, is I've never felt this way about anyone before. I can't get enough of you. I hate when you're not around, I'm stifled when you're gone. Like you're the air I need to breathe, the air I've needed my entire life, because until you, I wasn't whole."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Knox defused bombs in the military. He's hasn't been in a relationship since he lost his last girlfriend to his older brother. He has vowed to never lose his heart to any woman again. When he gets injured and sent back home, he is frustrated with how helpless he feels. He can't stand doing nothing while everyone coddles him. He only has his brother to take care of him, since he is estranged from the rest of his family, but his brother is off to college. After meeting the woman he couldn't forget, he can't believe she will be with him every step of his recovery. They start off irritating each other, but only because they try to fight the attraction. For the first time in a long time, Charlie makes him feel something. He's scared, but he knows he wants to pursue something with her. They both help each other move on from their past hurts. And It was wonderful to see them grow.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You have me, sweetheart. You always will."

"Promise?"

"I promise. Always."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There was perfect amount of high steam to keep things interesting. And the build up was panty melting HOT!! Knox is one sexy rugged beast. I really enjoyed how slow their relationship grew so they got to know each other well before anything happened. I love how Alpha Knox could be. I really loved that Jace was in this book, I hadn't realized how much I missed him. I also really liked Cohen and Kale, they were such awesome characters. What I really appreciated from these characters, was that they didn't act like whiney teens, they were acted like adults about how they dealt with things, which is how it should be. I enjoyed the humour in this book that had me grinning goofily. Overall, this book was really enjoyable to me. I think I loved this one more than the first. The ending and epilogue was so sweet and beautiful. I really loved it. I for sure recommend this one. Now, I can't wait to read Kale and Lucy's story!! I already half love Kale. I can't wait!!

~Arc kindly provided by Author in exchange for an honest review~