Review: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

Archer's Voice - Mia Sheridan

♥♥♥ 5 "My Strong, beautiful, silent man" STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"His eyes told me everything that his voice couldn't. We communicated a thousand words, without a single one being spoken."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was the sweetest and most endearing story I've read in a long while. I completely LOVED it!!

Bree is starting over in a new town. She is trying to escape her traumatizing past, that involved the murder of her father, and just find peace. She goes to Pelion, Maine where she rents a cabin to stay for indefinite amount of time. This is where she bumps into Archer Hale. A man with fears, and traumas of his own. Something about him lures her in until they both can't stay away from each other. But they both need to heal, and they're demons could destroy that wonderful connection that they share.

As soon as I started this book, that prologue hooked me in. I already felt a strong connection to the seven year old Archer. I was already hoping he would find happiness. I couldn't wait to keep reading.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I didn't know enough to dream you, Bree, but somehow you came true anyway. How did that happen? Who read my mind and knew exactly what I wanted, even when I didn't?"

"I feel the same way. You're my dream too, Archer. Just as you are."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Bree was wonderful character. She has fears to overcome that keep haunting her. Which is understandable with what she went through. When she first literally bumps into Archer, there was something about him that made her want to know more about him. She tried to talk to him but he remained silent and just walked away. Thinking it was odd, she asked the locals about him and soon found out that he can't speak. Even though he seemed to want to be alone, Bree was determined to form a friendship with him. They both communicate through sign language, something she learned to communicate with her deaf father. I loved how kind, selfless, and supportive Bree could be towards Archer. I loved how she treated Archer as a person, when everyone else ignored him. I just really liked her. She helped bring Archer out of his shell and it was wonderful to see.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'I couldn't have known that Archer Hale existed somewhere in this crazy, crowded world, and that he had been made just for me. And in that moment, I knew. I was falling in love with this beautiful, silent man staring down at me. If I hadn't already fallen.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Archer, I LOVED SO FER-REAKING MUCH!! It's been a while where a character has stolen my heart so completely. Archer has a terrible past. One that left him with a damaged voice box, which led him to be unable to speak at just seven years old. My heart hurt for him and how he grew up being labled the freak. He was even bullied by his own cousin Travis. All he had was his 'crazy' uncle who really cared for him, but Archer pretty much had to raise himself. As an adult, Archer still had this innocence from never leaving his home but for necessities. He stayed in his little bubble never letting anyone in. Until, he met Bree that is. He was hesitant to become her friend and trust her, but soon gives in. Archer was so sweet and lovable. He melted my heart absolutely so. He made it to one of my top book boyfriends, that's how much I loved this beautiful man.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'...I was finally home. Not the place, but his arms. Archer’s arms were my home--the only place I wanted to be, the place where I felt safe. The place where I felt loved.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This story was so beautifully written. Yes, there was an overload of sweetness that even Bree thought she would die from it. I usually don't like such sweet reads, but here, it worked so freaking well that I didn't care, I just LOVED it. I loved it to pieces. I loved the slow development of the relationship between Archer and Bree. It made it more believable for me that it happened that way. I loved how Bree got him to slowly open up to her. I loved how protective and alpha Archer could be when it came to Bree. They were just perfection together. I loved that they worked out their problems first to try to make it in the long run. I really enjoyed the storyline that involved his cousin Travis (who was also) interested in Bree, and his evil mother (that kept a secret that could change Archer's life). Everything about this book I loved. And again, I just loved the crap out of Archer, that I want him for me!! I was so totally connected to the story and the characters, which I haven't had happen in a long time. But for some reason this story really touched me. I cried, laughed, melted, and swooned while reading this. I definitely highly recommend this heart warming read.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'And I thought to myself, Archer Hale's voice was one of the most beautiful things in the whole wide world.'