Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Obsidian  - Jennifer L. Armentrout

♥♥♥ 5 "Awesomesauce" Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're such an ass. Has anyone ever told you that?"

He flashed a genuinly amused smile. "Oh, Kitten, every single day of my blessed life."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

OMG!! This book was so freaking good! I've had this on my TBR for so long. I can't believe I waited this long to finally read it.

Katy has just moved into a new town in West Virginia with her mother. She isn't exactly excited about having to start over and try to make new friends. But her mother is insitant on it. This is when she meets Damien, a cocky jerk that just irritates the hell out her. All she wants is directions to a grocery store and he acts like a total arrogant ass. But at least she finds a friendship with his sister Dee. As she spends more time with them, she notices odd things them. They don't seem normal and neither is the reaction people have to them. It doesn't help that weird things start to happen as well. She was right, they aren't normal. They are aliens.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unsure of their effect."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Katy is a book reviewer/blogger. So I already liked her because of her passion for books. She befriends Dee, and even though they are quite opposite, they get along really well. With Daemon however, things are a lot different. He is a complete asshat towards her, making it pretty clear how much he dislikes her. I loved that Katy didn't let Daemon put her down. She stood up for herself. I loved how strong and brave she was. In fact, there is very little I didn't like about her, which was such a great change. After a while of back and forth bickering, with a few times where they actually got along, she develops feelings for him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'If she was mine, I'd cherish every inch of her. And I wanted to. Now.'

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Daemon was this sexy (who owns no shirt, and I didn't mind it one bit) neighbour, and the biggest jerk. I didn't know what to think about him. I did respect him for how he took care and protected his sister Dee. I loved how he was with her. But the way he acted with Katy, was such a douchebag thing to do. He kept trying to hate her, because he is forbidden to fall for a human. But the more he tries, they more he wants to spend time with her. The attraction between these two was through the roof crazy hot! I loved it so much! I loved the fact that at the end of the book there were a few scenes in Daemon's POV, which again, I freaking LOVED!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're perfect for me," I whispered in my own language.

-Daemon POV

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This whole book was great from start to finish. It hooked me in so deep, that I didn't want to put it down. And when I had to, I kept thinking about it. It was really good. I'm kicking myself for not reading it sooner, but I am so glad that I finally did. I was annoyed and in love with Daemon like Katy was. He was really confusing, but seriously his POV at the very end made me like him. I loved how the book ended. I was applauding Katy for making Daemon work to have her. It was brilliant. I can't wait to see how the next book unfolds. I highly recommend this one. This book has become a favourite of mine.