Review: Rock Chick Rescue By Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick Rescue  - Kristen Ashley

♥♥♥ 3.5 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Chiquita, women spend a lot of time sittin’ around bitchin’ that there are no good men out there. I hate to tell you this, but there aren’t a lot of good women either. The difference is, when a man sees one, he knows it.Then, he goes after her and wears her down until she’s his. Then, if he’s any man at all, he won’t let her go.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Since I've been pretty busy, this one will have to be a speedy review. Sorry.

Jet thinks she is a normal girl and that her life is pretty boring. But her life is about to change and get a bit more exciting. Jet works for Indy at her coffee/book store. Her mother had a stroke and now Jet takes care of her too. But the cost of caring for her mother is expensive, so she also works at a strip club as a server. Her life is pretty busy, so, she doesn't realize that Eddie has been interested in her for some time. She thinks he is very hot, but isn't looking for a relationship at the moment. After an incident involving a knife, Eddie has had enough of her avoiding him. As a cop, he will do whatever he can to protect her, and convince her to stay with him along the way.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Eddie, don't you get it?" I asked softly, still smiling, "I never felt safe in my whole life. Never. Until now."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When I started the book, I was pretty excited. I really enjoyed the first one in this series. When I met Jet, she seemed like a great character. But as I continued reading, I started getting so freaking annoyed with her. What I liked about her was that she was independent and caring. She was a bit shy, but I liked how she could stand up for herself and try to protect those she loved. What I didn't like...she would keep pushing Eddie away. I mean it got to the point where I had no idea why Eddie even bothered. She just annoyed me so much with it. It was the ending and she was still trying to get away from him. I ended not liking her so much. She affected my enjoyment of this book.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"No one touches you," he said and pulled my skirt up my hips, bunching the dress at my waist and then up, yanking it off. "No one, but me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Eddie on the other hand, was a smokin' latin hottie. Seriously...he was so sexy and awesome. I loved his alphaness, his caring and protective ways, and he spoke terms of endearment in spanish...nuff said. Plus, the patience of the man...was crazy. I don't know how he did it when dealing with Jet. If she didn't want him, I would have gladly taken him off her hands HA! I really liked him...A LOT!! And his family was so great also. Just loved him!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Everyone's got their hands out waitin' for you to take one. You gotta learn when to take someone's hand before you fall.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved that all the other characters were still very much a part of the story line. I am so happy that Tex was in it, as well as Tod. They are my favorite quirky characters of this series. I enjoyed how close Jet became with Indy and the rest of the gang, as well as the new characters that were introduced. I really disliked Jet's dad but she had a great mother. The story was pretty interesting and had exciting suspense. The ending, however, was alright for me. I thought it was missing something, and with Jet being annoying, I thought is was just okay. I loved Eddie, I think he was the best part about this book. This one, was not a favourite from Kristen Ashley, but that won't stop me from continuing the series. I've been told it gets better, so I can't wait to read Hank's book.