Review: Rock Chick By Kristen Ashley

Rock Chick  - Kristen Ashley

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Your grandmother used to say that you were two souls separated in heaven. She mainly meant you were both trouble and deserved each other.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't believe I hadn't read this one before now. This book was slightly different than the other books I've read from Kristen Ashley. There was a lot more humour in this one, which I really enjoyed.

Indy Savage is the daughter of a cop, a bookstore owner, and a wild child. She's loved Lee Nightingale since she was five years old. Once she was old enough, she would practically throw herself at him, only to be rejected. After feeling humilitated by the last rejection, she made sure to avoid him for good and move on. Now she's in trouble because of her coffee 'artiste' Rosie who apparently has some diamonds these men want. He has dealt pot to the wrong people and now they seem to be after him, which in turn means her too. How do they know? They get shot at. The only one who can help them is the one she wants to keep at arms lengths, Lee.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“He’s good at this stuff.”
“What stuff?”
“Relationship stuff. He’s a natural. It’s weird, we’re new and we’re old. I can’t get my head around it.”
“He’s shit at relationship stuff. He’s only good at it because it’s you.”
“Sorry?”
“You’re shit at it too, but only because it was never him.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Indy was this crazy rock chick. She was fun and outgoing. I felt for her when it came to her feeling totally embarrassed from the last rejection she got from Lee. They have grown up together, so they have been and still are in each others lives because of family events. But when he tells her she is like his little sister (OUCH!), she gives up on him and tries to move on with other guys. Indy was quite badass, but not in crazy manly proportions. I loved that about her, she and her best friend were also kind of fearless. But she was annoying in a few scenes. She would have these tantrums that were a tad childish for a thirty year old. But overall, I liked her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“For what it’s worth, I’ll share my intentions. You and me, we aren’t practice for the real thing. It isn’t that too much is at stake with family and friends, it’s because I love you. You’re funny, beautiful and you care about people. I like the way you look at me, especially when you think I don’t notice it. I like that we have history and our kids will have a big family and share that history because there was never a time when their Mom and Dad weren’t together. If you were a terrible lay, I might have second thoughts but you and I are dynamite together. I intend to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you. If that freaks you out, tough, because now we’ve started this, there’s no goin’ back.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Lee Nightingale is well... who the hell knows. But he is an alpha badass and has a command center, nuff said. Lee has wanted Indy for quite some time. But he was waiting for his moment where they would both be more stable and not crazy hormone ridden teens. Unfortunately, Indy has been avoiding him for a decade. Now, he has a chance with her and he isn't giving it up. He will do anything to protect her *sigh*, and anything to have her. I will admit, I was not impressed by him in the beginning. He came off as a total A-hole and he could be too blunt. But as I kept reading, he grew on me. Plus, he was really sexy and delicious, so it wasn't hard.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Just a little pointer, Indy, girl to girl, if you want that week with Lee to last into two. He likes it when you go down on him in the morning. He’s a fucking animal in bed but give him a morning BJ, he’ll return the favor and rock your world.”
Every muscle in my body froze solid.
“What did she just say?” Stevie asked.
“She did not just say that in front of me,” Kitty Sue said.
“Holy crap,” Dolores said.
“Oh… my… gawd,” Tod said.
“You fucking bitch,” Ally said.
“This is more like it,” Tex said.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

All the characters were actually quite entertaining. Rosie was freaking weird but at times really funny. The Kevster, who was a stoner was freaking hilarious. He made me laugh out loud many times. But not as much as Tex the loony cat man. He was a freaking hoot! Ally was an awesome best friend but a little to out there and just as stubborn as Indy. Tod (The drag queen) and Stevie were also such great characters that I enjoyed.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

In his ear, really quietly, I whispered, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm right where I've always wanted to be."

His mouth moved to mind and he said, "It's about fucking time."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book had some action, some quite hilarious moments, a bit of steam (nothing too crazy hot), and of course some sexy alpha badass men. I totally forgot to mention that these two, were interrupted SO many times throughout the book while they were 'trying' to get it on. I felt their pain, hahaha! It was a fun read and really entertaining. All of the characters were a bunch of oddballs but together they were all perfect and the banter was just awesome. There were a few moments however, that I felt the story dragged on a bit, which had me skimming. These were just a few parts throughout the book. I did really, really liked Lee...but didn't end up loving him. I didn't like why he waited so long and his reasons for being a jerk. Stil, l liked him nonetheless, even if he was a possessive caveman at times. It was a great book, may not be a top Kristen Ashley book for me, but really freaking great. One you should definitely give a try. I can't wait to read Eddie's book *sigh*. He had me very interested from this book that I can't wait to read his very soon.