Review: One Foot In The Grave By Jeaniene Frost

One Foot in the Grave  - Jeaniene Frost

♥♥♥ 4 "HOLY CHAPTER 32" STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“This isn’t going to be easy,” I grumbled as we headed toward the exit.

Bones shrugged. “Nothing worthwhile ever is.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I couldn't wait to start this one! I had been told that Chapter 32 would blow my mind! And it did! I seriously want Bones so bad!

It's been four years, that right FOUR years (I was surprised myself), since Cat left Bones to become a secret agent for the government that deals with paranormal cases. By now, everyone has heard about the "Red Reaper", and as a result, someone is trying to have her assasinated. Her team is not enough to keep her safe. Then Bones finds her, and wants to do whatever he can to help her. She doesn't think she can be near him, especially when he gets her all hot and bothered with his mere presence. She agrees anyways. But that also brings exes into the mix which in turn brings jealousy. (So, you know it's gonna be good, right?)

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You know I still care about you, obviously, but it's more than tat. I'm...I still love you. I've never stopped, actually, even though I tried to snap out of it over the years. I don't expect you to feel the same way, but-"

"I've never stopped loving you. Not for an instant. Even when I was so angry at you for leaving me, I've always loved you, Kitten."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Cat was still the kickass vampire hunter Bones taught her to be. But just like in the first book, I had trouble liking her at first. She actually annoyed me quite a bit in some scenes, I think more so than the first. But by the end of it, I managed to like her again. I feel for her, because of her crazy annoying as hell mother. She still hates vampires and I REALLY hope that it one day changes. How can she possibly hate Bones?? I just don't get it, especially when he constantly shows how much Cat means to him. Cat, was awesome in this one when it came to fighting. I was looking forward to those scenes because she was quite the badass. I really enjoyed the jealousy Cat and Bones felt when it came to their exes. But it did sometimes become too much when all I really wanted was more moments of Bones and Cat together.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You called her Kitten? And she let you? She put me in a coma for three days when I called her that! My balls never recovered from her smashing then into my spine!"

"And well she should have," Bones agreed. "She's my Kitten, and no one else's”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Bones was still his sexy, swoony, possessive self. If anything, this book made me love him more. He was Amazing!! I think Bones really does make the series for me, that's how much I love this beautiful vampire. When Bones and Cat reunited, I wasn't sure how they would both react. But I was oh, so happy that the sexual tension between them was very much there. Like I mentioned before, I kept hearing about the infamous Chapter 32. When I finally got to it, Sweet Baby Jesus!! That scene was really HOT!! I didn't know Bones could do those things, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. YOWZA!! He is just the best!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I’ll never look at your fangs the same way after last night. A part of me wants to apologize for holding you back before, and the other part wants you to apologize to me because you knew better!”

He laughed again. "I still have more to show you, trust me..."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed the this one. I liked the storyline, but for some weird reason, I felt like I liked the first one more. I don't know why exactly. I'm not sure if it was because there weren't as many scenes with Bones and Cat just talking with one another about them together. Maybe it was because I could feel their connection more in the first one than in this one. I can't really tell you what exactly it was. But, I still thought this was a really good second book. I loved it and the ending was crazy!! Seriously loved the ending! I will say one thing, though, I missed my adorkable Timmie from the first one, Ha! Overall, I freaking enjoyed this one, *cough* especially Chapter 32 *cough* and I'm so excited to find out what will happen next. I totally recommend this one.