Review: Friend-Zoned By Belle Aurora

Friend-Zoned - Belle Aurora

♥♥♥ 4 Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“So we can be friends, right?”

Wait, what?
I stare at her, a frown forming at my mouth.
Did I…? Did I just get Friend-zoned?
I look over again to see Tina nodding vigorously and smiling brightly.
Wow, this has never happened to me before.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was so awesome! It had a little bit of everything. I think it's the perfect book if you don't want a read that has over the top angst. It was humourous with such entertaining and lovable characters. And high levels of steam. Definitely one you should read after an emotionally draining book.

Both Nik and Tina do not do relationships. Nik, because he is simply not interested at the moment and can't trust women. Tina, because she was completely shattered in her previous relationship that she swore 'never again'. Tina notices Nik from across the street in her clothing store, Safira. He is always hanging around at the nightclub The White Rabbit during the day. There is one thing she notices about him. Yes, he is über smexy. But, he never smiles. So, she decides to send him candy and a note, and the rest is history. They become the bestest of 'friends'.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I like that Tina is in my bed with me and we haven't had sex. It's more than that with her. I want to be her protector and the one who she comes to with her problems. She feels good against me. So soft and lush. I could get use to this. Contentment washes over me.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tina was a really funny character. I've noticed that Bella Aurora loves giving her characters a 'crazy colourful' mind, full of funny and quirky banter. Which, I personally love. Tina was just like that. The random things that pop in to her head, and her random expressions made me chuckle. She was sweet, caring, and could bake the most delicious treats. She was independent, a tad bit crazy, goofy, and quite strong. A character who really complimented Nik's personality. She was awesome.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I love this man. Actually love him. With all my heart. There's no denying it anymore. I feel safe with him. Whatever sadness I feel living my life is gone as soon as I see Nik. He makes the days' worth getting up for in the morning. My heart swells every time I see him shoot that dimple my way.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Nik is the owner of the nightclub she sees him in. When Tina bulldozes her way into his life, he didn't know what to think. He instantly thought "she wants a relationship, and might be after his money." But when she just wants to be friends, he can't believe. He is attracted to her. He knows this could be dangerous, and yet, he finds himself agreeing. Nik was the protector. He cares deeply about his loved oned and goes to any lengths for them. It was beautiful to see these two become friends, and later on, become lovers. Because this way, we get to see thier love grow for one another.

The steam was super sexy!! I loved the build up in this book. I couldn't wait for them to get it on! ha! The sexual tension was just perfect. And when they got together, it was smoking hot!! Nik is one sexy beast!! Yowza!! Loved him!! So, it definitely didn't disappoint.

The supporting characters were just as wonderful! They were each crazy in their own way. A bunch of people that don't look like they would get along but do. They were all so funny and loud. I loved seeing the whole gang interact together. And Nik's niece CeeCee, stole my heart. She was such a sweetheart. Loved her!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re it. The one. The start. The finish. You are how my story ends.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The book is light, with many funny moments. As well as a tiny bit of angst thrown in to keeps things entertaining. I loved the chemistry between all the characters. Some parts were a tad bit cheesy in my opinion but for the most part, very enjoyable. I loved getting to know the character's backgrounds. Some parts were also really sad. The ending was absolutely sweet!! I loved it! I recommend this book to people looking for a book that will lift up their spirits and leave them with a feel good feeling. I can't wait to read more of this series.