Review: Forgotten Sins By Rebecca Zanetti

The words were soft.
The tone possessive.
The promise absolute.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When I started this book, I didn't know what to expect (except that I loved the cover). I LOVE Rebecca Zanetti's Dark Protectors series. So, I was hoping to like this one as well. And I did. I really enjoyed it.

Forgotten Sins is about a woman named Josie, who has been abandoned by her husband for two years. She is now seeking divorce after stupidly hoping that he would return for her. But now that she has sent the papers for him to sign at his military base, he suddenly returns into her life, but, not in the condition that he left. Shane has amnesia. He can't remember who she Josie is or anything from his life. He was arrested after being found with some dead bodies around him. Now Josie is responsible for him when all she wants is for him to sign the papers and leave to never return. He might not remember her, but his heart and body do. He knows he won't be leaving her again. Especially, when her life may be in danger.

Josie is an accountant who is looking to finally move forward with her life. I really liked this woman. She may be petite but she was quite strong, sweet, and quite the little badass. She may not be the best fighter in the world, but she would do her best to protect those important to her. When Shane suddenly comes back with no memory, she doesn't know what to do. She still has feelings for him, even if she tries not to.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"When I need a woman, you're the only one I'd want."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There are some men that are apparently out to get her. Now, Shane is trying to take that place in her life that is rightfully his again. Even though, she doesn't want him there anymore, she can't help but allow him to. With him, she feels safe, protected, and loved. Growing up without a family, she craves that more than ever. With Shane around, she doesn't feel so alone anymore. But she is afraid that once he remembers everything, he will leave her again.

Shane is a... well... he is human, but with special abilites. He didn't grow up like the average person, heck, he wasn't created like the average person. His brothers and him were bred to become fighters. He was an awesome, sexy, badass alpha. I loved him!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The woman had better not even think of being done with him. She was his life, and no way was he letting her go again.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

He knows that he can't leave Josie again, so he refuses to sign the divorce papers. He loves her too much, even if can't remember the times they shared. Even if Josie resists, he will do whatever he can to get her in his bed again. To show her how much he really loves her. But slowly, memories start to resurface and he discovers he may not be the greatest man for Josie. He is too dangerous. With some men around, threatening Josie's life, he will do whatever he can to protect her.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You have all of me forever."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The sexual tension in this book was pretty high, as was the steam. They were just so great together. Seriously, Shane was just so sexy. I loved the fighting scenes of the Dark Protectors series, and the fighting scenes in this book did not disappoint. It was really entertaining to read. And then there was a freaking twist in the book. I don't know how I didn't see that coming. How could I not suspect. It was brilliant. I really enjoyed the plot and the characters. So far, the first book of the series was awesome. Shane's brothers are a bit mysterious, just like he is. I can't wait to read their books. If you like books with action and really hot scenes, this one is for you. You should give this one a try.