Review: Forgotten Yesterday By Renee Ericson

Forgotten Yesterday - Renee Ericson

~Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review~

♥♥♥ 4.5 Sweet and Sad Stars ♥♥♥

Omg! This was really good! I had to skim through, After Tuesday before reading this, because I had forgotten quite a few things. But once I started the novella, I was sucked in. I couldn't believe four years had passed since the last book and to be honest, I thought I wouldn't like how much time had passed. But I actually ended up really enjoying it.

Ruby has grown up since then, and I liked her more now because of it. But something had happened four years ago that caused Ruby and Brent to part ways. Something that made me want to know so badly. I absolutely loved the writing in this novella. The story went from present to past in a way that did not annoy me, at all. I kept looking forward to those parts in the past because I slowly got to know what it was that happened.

I enjoyed the connection that Ruby and Brent still shared after all these years. There was a bit of steam, some hilarious moments (especially one part about a hot dog stand), and a sad heartbreaking moment (I felt for them deeply). It was really short, but it was a novella, after all. And that ending just left me wanting so much more. The novella had a realistic feel to it that I really liked. I was not expecting their story to go the direction that it did, but I liked it nonetheless. I can't wait to see how things will work out for these two.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Where are you now?"

"Here." I swallow. "I'm right here."

"Then I'm still waiting. For you to find your way back to me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Thank you so much Renee, for gifting me this arc. It was wonderful!!