Review: Who We Are By T.J. Klune

Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid #2) - T.J. Klune

♥♥♥ 5 'Hilariously Crazy' STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Family is not defined by blood (...) It's the people around you who see you at your worst and are not afraid to pick up the pieces when you fall apart. It's the people who look at you each time they see you like they haven't seen you in years. It's the people who you fight for. It's the people you'd lay down your life for. It's the scariest thing in the world, but, if you let it, it's also the greatest.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Another amazing book to the series. I freaking LOVED this one so much. First off, I was thrown off track with the Prologue. I was like "What is happening? My eyes can't be reading correctly!!" (T.J. really had me there for a moment) and then I couldn't stop laughing so hard! Seriously... Best. Prologue. Ever. And the book only got better from there.

♥♥♥♥ BEAR ♥♥♥♥

This book starts off a while after the last book ended. They are finishing up their move to the new house, The Green Monstrosity. Things are going well. Ty is happy, and Otter and Bear are in love. But Bear is still trying to get custody of Ty. Things might get nasty if his mother protests. Then there is the fact that, Otter's parents have returned (from wherever it was that they were at.) and they have to tell them of what is going on. So Bear, again, has to come out, to them this time. And it was epically awesome! I swear I thought I bust a kidney, or lung maybe, by how much laughing I did in this book. I just loved the writing style. I never tired of Bear's inner ramblings. They don't make sense at times, but that is what was so entertaining about them. I still LOVE any interaction Bear has with his younger brother Ty, The Kid. They were so sweet, and adorable, as well as funny. Reading about Otter and Bear was also so beautiful!

Things are changing in their lives and Bear is scared of that change. Ty seems to be growing up way too fast. Bear doesn't want to lose him. All of sudden he has a friend to hang out with who gives him what he can't, and that does not go well with him. He want Ty to go to him for everything, even if that's not possible. But the love and support between these two brothers is always there. That's what I love about their relationship. How they are always there to teach each other things, and support one another when they need it the most. I LOVED that!

♥♥♥♥ OTTER ♥♥♥♥

Otter was still his sexy and swoony self. Things between Otter and Bear seem to be getting more serious since they have moved in together. I loved how they both seem to be working together to give Ty the parental figures he needs in his life. Otter and Ty have such a sweet relationship. I love how Otter considers Bear and Ty his. His family to care and love. This man is just so perfect. I LOVE him so much! He can be so freaking alpha that he makes my panties melt. Bear is very lucky guy. Well, Otter is too, because Papa Bear is pretty damn awesome himself. But Otter was just the best "Partner" Bear could ever have. Otter offers unconditional support to both Bear and Ty when they need it. Either as a group or individually. So beautiful!

Otter in this books seems to be thinking more about the future. He tries to envision what that will look like for all of them. He knows that he will do whatever he can to have them still in his life. Even if we never get Otter's POV, except for in the Epilogue, I was glad that I was able to still understand him and guess his thoughts. I would yell at bear sometimes, I mean how could he not see what was coming. Otter really does wear his emotions on his sleeve. LOVED him! Oh, and he made Bear to a gay bar, it was awesome. There were some new characters introduced, like David (Otter's ex and now Ty's teacher) and Isaiah (Bear's classmate who LOVES to hit on Bear). The jealousy that both Otter and Bear felt was funny and HOT!!

♥♥♥♥ THE KID ♥♥♥♥

Ty was still his lovable 'vegetarian ecoterrorist-in-training' self. I didn't think it was possible, but he was more adorable than ever. His "amazing" poems melted my heart. His passion for his beliefs made me so SO proud of him. He was so intelligent. I would lie if I said I didn't feel like Bear, Ty was growing up way too fast. Soon, he would graduate and leave and I felt sad. He is the bestest little brother ever. But it broke my heart when Ty started getting scared of being abandoned again.

Ty has made a new friend, his name is Dominic. I loved Dominic, he was older than Ty but somehow their friendship worked. I loved that Ty now had someone else in his life he could rely on. You can see that Dominic truly cares about Ty. Through the whole custody battle, Dominic was there for Ty. There were many moments where Ty made me laugh with his eco message t-shirts, drag name, Anderson Cooper backpack, and some of his questions. He is definitely not a normal child, but that what I love. He is himself, and doesn't try to be anybody else. Sure, he gets scared and insecure, but he sticks to his convictions. I love this kid to pieces and I'm so proud of how far he has come since the first book.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you, Papa Bear. Like I've never loved anyone else in my life. I will always love you, no matter what happens in the future, no matter what happened in the past. You are my family now, you and Ty."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved the ending! I'm running out of words to describe how much I freaking LOVED it! I want to marry this book, or pretty much the whole series. I loved every single character in their own way. The only character I didn't love and will probably always hate, is Ty and Bear's mother. But even the new characters introduced I loved to hate, and hated to love. Creed, his parents, Anna, and her parents, were also so hilarious as well. There was a funny moment in the courtroom and the longest hug ever that made my stomach cramp from my laughter. The ending was in the perfect Bear, Otter, and The Kid style. I really enjoyed it. The epilogue was epic. I just found out that T.J. will be making a third book, for which I am squeeing like a schoolgirl for. Thank you, thank you, T.J. for working on another book. He just can't end the book the way he did and NOT make another book. Don't worry, there was no cliffhanger. I can't wait for it, though. I miss them all already. Just like the first, this has become one of my favourites. I seriously recommend EVERYONE give this book a try.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

'...Bear and Otter were meant to be,
Even if I was the only one that knew it.
You should thank God, Bear, that you had me,
Or else you would have choked and blew it...'

--Poem By Ty "The Kid"