Review: Ashes To Ashes By Karina Halle

Ashes to Ashes (Experiment in Terror #8) - Karina Halle

♥♥♥ 5++ AWESOME AND CREEPY STARS ♥♥♥

OH MY GOD!!! THAT ENDING!! I AM STUNNED AND I WANT MORE SO BAD!! I LOVED IT!! AND I LOVE DEX SO HARD... OR IN ANY STATE REALLY, HA!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"It was a fucking trip to think how full circle this could be, to go from running into him in the lighthouse and staring at his face for the first time to sitting beside him in our apartment, his arm around me, in love. Did I even realize at the time what this strange man would become to me? Everything.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ashes to Ashes takes place two months after the previous book. Things are going well for Experiment In Terror and for Dex and Perry, but they are still trying to figure things out with Rebecca now a part of the crew. Their next location in Oregon, the place where Perry and Dex first met, seems to be one that will produce the best episode yet. They are to investigate a supposedly haunted school, that use to be a sanitarium. Ever since a new teacher has arrived, the activity has seemed to spike. Now they are to find out why these sick children are there, and why they seem to not want them to go.

When they investigate, it seems that a little girl is the one who is spooking everyone there. She is the one who doesn't seem to be friendly like some of the children that still exist in the school. And she also seems to not like Perry very much.

This book scared the crap out of me. Especially this little girl with her beast on a leash. *shudders* When the teacher was telling the story of this creepy little girl who apparently remains in the upper floors, I got chills. I had freaking goosebumps. It was SO freaking creepy. But it also was so intriguing. I needed to continue and find out what would happen next.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You...make me feel sane in this crazy world. You give me hope. You give me life. When I'm with you...I can't believe I'm with you. It's like that every morning. Like I'm dreaming, but I'm not (...) you're the most important thing to me. You keep me grounded, you hold me in place, you make me feel real. I love you, Dex. I hope this lets you know that."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Right from the start, I knew I would not be able to put this down and I was right. I was hooked. I had missed Perry and Sexy Dexy so damn much. I missed their sense of humour and hilarious banter. And of course I missed Dex's dirty mouth, which he provided plenty of so I wasn't disappointed. I mean the things that came out of this crazy man's mouth, I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Like "duckspunk" as a swear word. I loved every single moment these two shared. Their chemistry is just so addicting. Karina does an amazing job at making you feel the connection between these two.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I can tell you that I'm head over heels in love with you. That this...What we have, it consumes me. It devours me. And it scares me more than anything we have ever encountered, because if I ever lost you, if I ever had to live without you, I wouldn't be whole. You, Perry, have my heart. You are my heart.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I was swooning so hard for Dex. I never though he could be so friggin romantic. He really melted me. I wanted to hug him so bad. I probably would have stolen him from Perry. They were so adorable together. And boy, did they share many passionate moments. It was really awesome to read how much they loved each other. I LOVED PERRY!! I LOVED DEX!! I LOVE THEM TOGETHER!!! I just LOVED it SO much!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"He loves me for who I am, no matter what I look like, what I do, how I act. He loves me and he understands me, and whatever he doesn't understand, he tries damn hard to (...) you can disapprove all you want, but I really don't give a shit anymore. I'm done trying to please you, to make you love me, to make you proud of me. I don't need any of that anymore because that man over there gives that to me and he gives it freely."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I don't want to give much of the story away. It's better if you just read it. But, it was definitely really scary, probably freaked me out the most than the previous books. It was a page turner for me, and it sucked when people would interrupt me from reading this. There were some sweet moments, and some really hot steamy moments. Like I have said of each book that comes out from this series, it justs keeps getting better with each book. I loved the characters so much. The ending was crazy!! I was not expecting it to end like that. I don't know if I hate or love Karina Halle for that cliffhanger ending. I WANT MORE!! I LOVED this book so much, even with that ending. I CAN'T wait to read the next book. I recommend you give this book a try. And seriously, if you haven't started this series yet, Go Freaking Read It Now!! It's amazing!