Review: Wait For You By J. Lynn

Wait for You  - J. Lynn

♥♥♥ 4.25 'Marry Me, Cam!!' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I'm beginning to think cookies is a code word for something else."

"Maybe it is." He tugged on my bag again as he took a confident step back, forcing me down another step. "And just think about it. If cookie was a code word, whatever it symbolizes, it's been in your mouth, sweetheart.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I've had this book in my e reader for quite some time, and for some reason or another, I kept pushing it back. I have no idea why I did that. I freaking loved it. Or rather I freaking LOVED Cam!! *Huge Sigh* I'm so glad I finally read it because I really liked it so much.

Avery has left everything behind her. She wants to finally move forward and start fresh. She also wants to make sure that what happened in her past never happens again. So, she wants complete control and order in her life. While running late for her first class in college, she literally bumps into the hottest guy she has ever seen, Cameron. After being embarrassed by the encounter (and the fact that she is late and hates being stared at when she enters a class late), she runs off and skips her first class. But real soon, she starts to see Cameron everywhere, he even lives in the same building she does. No matter what she does, he won't leave her alone, or asking her out. She becomes friends with him and very quickly starts to feel more for him, but she is scared. She also knows that he is nothing like the guy who hurt her. Maybe she can share her secret with Cam, but her fear is much more greater. She doesn't want to lose him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Fuck, Avery. You think I don't want you?" His voice came out low, almost a growl. "There's not a single part of you that I
don't want, you understand? I want to be on you and inside of you. I want you against the wall, on the couch, in your bed, in my bed, and every fucking place I can possibly think of, and trust me, I have a vast imagination when it comes to these kinds of things. Don't ever doubt that I want you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Not gonna lie, the main reason I loved this book so much was because of Cam. But, I did like Avery too. She started off a bit more closed off. I knew something had happened to her that caused her to act the way she did. Sometimes I didn't like how she treated Cam. But once you find out what she went through, things made more sense. I felt bad for her. I hated her parents with a passion. I don't get how they couldn't have their daughter's back, that was just plain wrong. She went through so much hurt practically alone, with no one to talk about it. So, I started to sympathize with her behaviour, even if I wished she would trust Cam completely. In the end, I liked how strong she became. And I also want to say that I am so jealous of her right now, well, because she has Cam! I would totally steal him from her. I was really happy for her, though. And, the fact that she made such great friends with Brit and Jacob.

Cameron knows that there is something different about Avery. She seems jumpy and unsure but that only makes him think she is adorable. He wants to get to know her. He doesn't know what happened to her, but knows that something did. Cam wants to help her get over whatever it is she needs to get over. He can't get enough of her and that hasn't happened to him before. He wants her to trust him but, how can ask that of her when he hasn't been completely honest himself. Cam has a secret, and one he thinks will change her view of him for the worse.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

And then he kissed me. Kissed me like he was a starving man for oxygen and I was the only air he needed to breathe. The hand around my neck held me there, raised up on my elbows as his mouth devoured mine. And that was the only word I could use to accurately explain how he kissed me.

Cam devoured me.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Now let's talk about Cam, who definitely made it to may favourite book boyfriends list. I L-O-V-E-D him!!! I want him so bad. He was so freaking swoony that he made me so giddy like a school girl. The things he would say would just melt my heart completely, which I didn't mind one bit. He was so patient, and understanding. He was cocky, and so damn funny. Seriously, LOVED his sense of humour. He was so, loving and caring. *SIGH* Oh, and he would call her sweetheart. Just like Avery, he had me at sweetheart and I was so okay with that. I really loved him throughout the whole book. Even when he was being kind of mean or harsh to Avery because he stood up for himself. Sure, I felt bad for Avery, too, but he had her best interests at heart. Oh, and he was so sexy too, melted the panties right off me with his kisses. Okay, I'm going to stop gushing now. You get the point.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I have hope because I love you--I've been
in love with you, Avery. Probably before I even realized that I was."

"You loved me?"

"I love you."

"You
love me?"

"Yes, sweetheart."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I really enjoyed this book. There was steam in this book, but it wasn't detailed or anything, which I didn't mind. I loved the chemistry between the characters, it had me glued to the book. As I've stated before, I LOVED Cam, and I think he was the best part of the book. I did like the story too, but he just stole the show. I absolutely loved Brit and Jacob, they were so freaking funny with their out there personalites. I think they both need their own books. The ending was great, I liked how she stopped being a coward. I mostly liked how things ended for Cam and Avery, it was so sweet. Loved it! Would recommend it, if you enjoy YA/NA reads, otherwise, you might not enjoy it.