Review: Collide By Riley Hart

Collide (Blackcreek Series) - Riley Hart

♥♥♥ 4 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're my best friend. We'll run away if we have to," Cooper told him. "I got your back, Noah. You and me? We'll always be a team."

Noah hoped so. "I got yours too."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Noah Jameson became best friends with Cooper when he was ten years old. They were attatched at the hip. But one day when Cooper goes away for the weekend with his aunt, he returns to find Noah and his family gone without an explanation. He hoped for Noah to send letters to him, but he never did. Now, seventeen years later Noah has returned. Cooper almost runs him over and ends up offering him a place to stay. Things feel like they have never been apart.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I will never understand why people give a shit who someone love."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

After finding his boyfriend with another man, Noah wants to start over in Blackcreek. Noah never thought he would see Cooper again, or that he would find him so freaking sexy. I love second chance stories. Even though these two started out as best friends. Noah doesn't want to put his heart on the line again, especially not to someone who is clearly straight. But there is a connection between them they can't ignore. Noah wants him bad, but he isn't sure Cooper will be up for it. I liked that Noah never really pushed Cooper into anything. He was straightforward in what he wanted and expected. I loved that about him. I didn't want him to get hurt either. I also liked that he didn't wait like some poor puppy for Cooper to come to terms with his sexuality. He was patient, understanding, and caring. And of course, he was freaking hot!

Cooper Bradshaw was left deeply hurt after his best friend Noah left without a word. He thought he let him down. His parents were lost to him in a house fire. Now, Noah is gone too. He blames himself. Years later, he is an adult, he sleeps around with women but doesn't do relationships. One day, he is driving when he almost runs over a man, that man turned out to be Noah. He is so happy to see him again. That friendship that existed years ago is still strong. But he is completely shocked to learn that Noah is gay. And what is worse, that he is starting to notice Noah in a new way. He thinks he is attractive and a part of him really desires him. That scares the crap out him, since he is straight, after all. Real soon, he decides he doesn't care what others think. He wants Noah, so, he will have him.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Jesus. I saw you kissing that guy and... what the hell is wrong with me? I had a beautiful woman in my bed and... shit. I wanted to kill him."

I wanted to be him...

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Cooper didn't want to admit that his feelings for Noah were true. He thought it was just a result from missing Noah so much. I at times got frustrated with Cooper a bit because of that. But I can totally understand why he acted the way he did. People would influence him that made him try to reject it. But I loved that he got over it fast and didn't let others dictate how he should feel or who he should love. There were times I thought he was a coward, but he was also so swoony. I melted many times because of things he would say to Noah. It was really sweet to see them together. It was also panty melting HOT!! The chemistry between these two characters was awesome. Loved it!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"We're important. Fuck everyone else. I love you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was such a cute story. I really enjoyed it. Just the right amount of drama in it, nothing too crazy. But I really loved the characters, even the supporting characters had a piece of my heart. Well... almost all of them. I didn't like Cooper's uncle or Noah's mother. But Wes and Braden were awesome friends to Cooper and Noah. I can't freaking wait to read their book. So excited because I really liked them in this book. There were many sweet moments between Cooper and Noah, as well as steamy. I think it was a perfect balance but seriously, the steam was really good. But there were some parts that had me a bit teary too. The ending was beautiful. I was really happy with it. I loved these characters and can't wait for the next book in this series.