Review: Complete Me By J. Kenner

Complete Me: A Novel - J. Kenner

♥♥♥ 3 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“At the end of the day, it’s just you and me. We make our own reality, Nikki. And no one can take it from us. You and I are together, and we can withstand whatever the world throws at us.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I don't know what happened in this book. I read this because I had enjoyed the previous two books. And after, how the last book ended, I HAD to know what happened with Damien and the trial. I started it, excited to see what was to come and then I was left disappointed. Why? Well, because the trial that was held in Germany, began as quickly as it ended. It was actually quite anticlimactic. I was happy for Damien, but what on earth was that? I was waiting for the trial and that was all I got? A little angst would have been good. But unfortunately, I was left wanting more. I also didn't like how cold Damien could be at times. But after I realized why, I understood his behaviour. Still, didn't like it, though.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I wanted every sensation you experienced— every spark of pleasure, every hint of pain— to come from me. I wanted to fuck you until you begged me to stop and then I wanted to fuck you some more. Everything you felt, everything you wanted, everything you desired— I wanted it to be wrapped up in my touch, in my bed. I wanted to fuck you until there was nothing left but you and me. Until the whole goddamn world was erased.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I'm going to make you come harder and longer than you ever have before, baby, and I'm going to feel every shudder, every ripple of that orgasm as it rips through you because I am going to be right here holding tight to you, buried deep inside you. And, Nikki, I'm not ever letting go.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Then came the sex. It started out really steamy and awesome. I loved remembering how hot Damien could be. But then, it quickly became repetitive. It was the same thing over, and over, and over again. I couldn't believe it. There was just way too much sex in this book. I can't believe I'm saying this too, but it needed more drama. I was bored during some parts and I had to skim through it. I loved the teasing but soon it started to get really old really fast. I was so frustrated by how drawn out the sex scenes were, and not in a hot and bothered kind of way. I still think Damien is one sexy beast, but had the book not been filled with sex, I would have enjoyed it more.

I was surprised that in this book, I really liked Nikki's best friend Jamie more than I did in the previous ones. I think it is because she is trying to be better for herself. I became really curious about her and began to hope that she would get her own book. She isn't perfect and has her own things to overcome like Nikki. I wanted to know why she is the way she is. Anyways, I liked how she turned around in this book. Unfortunately, one character I ended up caring less about was her other "ex" best friend Ollie. He was awesome in the first, then annoying in the second. In this one, despite his best efforts to ammend their relationship, I didn't really care about what happened to him. I was really sad about that. This book wasn't completely bad though, there were many sweet moments between Nikki and Damien. I really enjoyed their chemistry. Damien was still able to make me swoon with the things that he said. And I still very much liked them both a lot.

The only thing that was able to hold my interest was finding Sophia. Damien was worried about her disappearance and was worried about finding her. I also wanted to find out who kept stalking and sending those terrible things to Nikki. I had a few theories, but as it neared the end, I realized who it was and I ended up being right. What I wasn't expecting was that that person was showing their face this whole time. But what I didn't like was in the manner in which the person revealed themselves. Again, it was so anticlimactic.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re what gives me strength. If I am what centers you, Nikki, then you are what anchors me. Every time I touch you, every time I bury myself deep inside you—Nikki, don’t you see? You are the talisman of my life, and if I lose my grip on you, then I have lost myself.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The ending was lovely but it seemed quite rushed to me. I did enjoy how it concluded for Nikki and Damien, but I am not convinced they have overcomed everything they needed to. I'm not sure the way they need each other to 'live' is a healthy thing. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely happy they are together because they are perfect for each other. But still, they need to find a way to be apart, so they will work together in the long run. What was also missing was an epilogue. I would have liked a glimpse of what was in store for them in the future, but I didn't get it. Overall, I feel like this book could have been incorporated in the previous book, if all the sex had been cut out of it. Nothing really happened in the beginning until the last 15%. That is when it got interesting. I did enjoy the feel good ending way more than I did the start of this. It was a good read, but it was not my favourite.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“It’s too big, too powerful. There is no start and no end, nothing with which I can measure the length and breadth of what I feel for you. I look at you and wonder how I can possibly survive the riot of emotions within me.”