Review: Convicted By Aleatha Romig

Convicted  - Aleatha Romig

♥♥♥ 5 'My Brain is Exhausted but Happy' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

♫♪ 'Cause you are the piece of me
I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly,
still fight and I don't know why

If our love is tragedy,
why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity,
why are you my clarity? ♪♫

(Zedd - Clarity)

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"The evil you create will ultimately destroy you, you cannot escape the consequences of your actions"

-- Leon Brown

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When I had just finished Truth, I knew I HAD to read the next one right away. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait to read it. What can I say about the beginning of Convicted... I was completely blindsided by the turn of events. I seriously didn't see that happening from the previous book. I was like 'WHAT ON FRIGGIN EARTH HAPPENED???'. I was so confused and a bit sad, and more confused. I wasn't sure what to expect and I think I was probably expecting the worse which is why I was so freaking scared. But what a way to start the book. It made me feel so mental that I wanted to sit in a fetal position, cry and pull my hair out. Nonetheless, I continued the story and soon I no longer wanted to know what happened. I never thought I would be so happy to see Tony and Claire come together and love each other, but I was. Their love was one in a million and it was really beautiful to read. I just wanted that elusive HEA for them that seemed to escape them by some 'event' or 'person'. But I still had HOPE.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you. There are probably millions of reasons why I shouldn't--but I do. I've been without you since my dream, and I don't like it. I've felt every possible emotion while with you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Claire how she has grown. I don't want to really spoil anything about this book. It is best that you read it without knowing what you are getting into, in my opinion. But Claire has changed quite a bit. Did she make mistakes? Yes, but she learned from them. She also learned to rely on her instincts. She was less impulsive by the end of it. She isn't perfect, and no one is, but she became stronger in this book. She stood up for herself more and those she cares about. I had been waiting to see what would happen with all of Claire's compartmentalizing, well it was only a matter of time before she had to confront them all. I really did like her more in this book. I loved watching the moments of bliss she had with Tony.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Without me realizing it, that person consumed my thoughts and though I didn't think it possible--she took my heart. It was you--
I fell in love with you while you were supposed to be my prisoner; however, I've loved you since before I knew love existed."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Tony totally turned around. He started to in Truth and I started liking him for it. But I finally ended up loving him in this one. He has changed SO much. He sees the error of his way and how this family vendetta misled him. The thought of someone doing to Claire what he had done to her, made him angry and sick. He wants to redeem himself and pay for all of his sins. I couldn't have been more happy and selfishly unhappy about it. He learned his lesson big time. I didn't want him to pay for sins any longer, eventhough he probably did deserve to. But Tony was also deceived by a person close to him, or at least whom he thought was close to him. I was so happy to see him let himself love completely, no holding back. He was sweet, romantic, and at times selfless. Yet he was still that strong dominant Tony.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If their relationship had been a poker tournament, unquestionably, they'd not been dealt the best cards. When faced with the same odds, as Tony and Claire, many players would have folded and walked away. They hadn't--they'd continued to play(...) It was too early to declare the winner. They both knew there were more cards to be revealed.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Every single character had a part in this book. I think that is what kept things interesting. You didn't know who to trust. They may seem a certain way, but that appearance changes once they reveal their true self. Remember appearances are everything. Not all characters were like that though. There were two characters that were introduced that I loved a lot and HOPED wouldn't be traitors. They were so kind to Claire and helped her alot, they were Madeline and Francis. The whole book wasn't completely in a suspenseful angsty vibe. There were some really great scenes involving an island. So there were plenty of happy times as well.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You my dear, are my drug. I'm so damn addicted...I can't quit you...I know, because I've tried--not for me--but for you...I failed miserably...The more I have you...the more I need...I can never get enough(...) I'll try everyday to give you exactly what you deserve."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The whole book was freaking emotional for me all the way to the end. At times I was heartbroken, didn't care, angry, overjoyed, shock, love, confusion, crazy, and frustrated. I'm not sure a book has ever messed up my mind and my emotions to this degree before. But because of it, I feel as though I've gotten really close to all these characters. They have all grown so much since that first book. And I think I grew with them as I read their messed up story. I loved when it seemed impossible. I was betrayed right along with Claire by characters that I thought could be trusted. Right when I thought we were all twisted out in the previous book, this book proved me wrong with more crazy twists. The ending was wonderful, I couldn't have been more pleased. Aleatha Romig had me guessing from start to finish. The writing was just as amazingly stunning, can't say that enough. It flowed beautifully. The story captivates you and doesn't let you go. In fact, I couldn't put this book down. I found myself constantly thinking about it even when I wasn't reading it. It's definitely a story that I will never forget. I was actually left wanting more. Not the whole effed-upness but just more Claire and Tony. It was a GREAT ending to a GREAT series.