Review: Leo's Chance By Mia Sheridan

Leo's Chance (Sign of Love, #2) - Mia Sheridan

♥♥♥ 4 First Love Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Why are you looking at me?"

"Because I like your face."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“My Evie, my heart, my savior. My lion tamer.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

First off, if you haven't read the first book, then don't read this review!! Okay, for those of you who have, you know what happens in the first book. It starts off with a flashback of Leo in the hospital after his accident and how a therapist, Dr. Fox, comes to visit him while he recovers. Dr. Fox slowly helps Leo move on from all the things that have caused him so much hurt. One being, never seeing Evie again, as well as what was done to him by his adoptive mother. I felt so bad for him. He was going through so much that he didn't know how to handle it. I felt worthless and anger, but most of all, he hated himself. I couldn't believe how much he blamed himself for what that disgusting woman was doing to him when it wasn't his fault. It really broke my heart.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If I wasn’t before, I’m ruined for life. Hopelessly. In. Love. The girl is it for me. Yeah, ruined. Happily ruined, standing smack dab in the middle of the ice cream isle.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

In the present, he seeks Evie out but only stalking her first. It's not as creepy as it sounds. He doesn't know how she will recieve him after eight years of not seeing her and breaking his promise of returning on her eighteenth birthday. She is now twenty three and doing well for herself for someone who came out of the foster system like he did. I loved seeing everything through his eyes. I understood why he lied about being Jake and Leo dying. We got to see how much he hated doing it. He was insecure and even though what he did was wrong, I got why he did it. It all came back to him thinking of himself worthless and not wanting her to push him away. I loved the memories of their past and knowing all that he felt and still feels for Evie. It was really beautiful.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You’re worth fighting for."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Leo totally messed up with his lie, but I couldn't help but fall in love with him. He was truly wonderful, an über HOT alpha, sweet, and loving. He made me swoon hard! He was such a great guy inside and out. Yes, he made mistakes and he wasn't perfect, but I'm so glad he made the right decision later on. I hated the abuse he suffered as young kid, and how no one showed him what love was until he Evie as kids. I was so happy that Dr. Fox came into his life. He ended up being a bit of a father figure to Leo, one that he desperately needed. Dr. Fox and Evie both showed him that he was worth loving and fighting for.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I choose you. I choose you, Leo. Always.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The big twist in the first book had me bawling in tears. And when that same scene came around again in this book, it felt as though I was reading it for the first time again, I couldn't stop the tears, even though I knew it was coming. That was awesome writing. I loved the ending so much. Again, I am so happy they got their second chance at love. The epilogue was wonderful. Totally different from the first book, so we got something new. I LOVED it! It was really heart warming. I adored Leo more than I thought was possible by reading his book. I really enjoyed it. If you loved the first one, you should definitely read this one.