Axel (Corps Security)

Axel (Corps Security) - Harper Sloan
***4.25 Alphatastic Stars***

Woot! This was my 100th read!! Yay!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"People say karma is a bitch but I have news for you, karma doesn't have anything on fate when she is after blood. Not a single thing.

--Izzy

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Fate seems to really hate Isabelle West. She has had dreams of how her life would be like, but never did she think she would find herself where she is now. She is living a nightmare with her abusive husband, Brandon. Izzy knows she can't live like this any longer, especially after things way too far, so she finally makes the right choice to start over again and try to be happy. But she still, can't forget her highschool sweetheart, Axel. She was suppose to find happiness with him.

Axel grew up in foster care. When he felt alone, Izzy was there for him. He wants to be a better man for Izzy. He wants to prove he can be better than his parents, so he joins the marines. But when he returns, he feels his heart has shattered. He thinks he will never see Izzy again. Years later, his friend ask him for a favor, to help keep a woman safe. He is the best at what he does, so he is determined to help protect this woman from her husband that doesn't want to let her go. He never in a million years thought, that the woman would be his Izzy.

I LOVED AXEL!! HELL, I LOVED ALL OF THE ALPHAS IN THIS BOOK!! IT WAS AWESOME!!

This was Harper Sloan's debut and I can tell you now, I am VERY much looking forward to reading more of her books.

"She was mine.
She is mine.
She will always fucking be mine."

--Axel

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you didn't already know, I absolutely LOVE alpha males. I LOVE them! And Axel does not dissapoint. He was SMOKIN' HOT!! He had my panties melting right off me with that awesome dirty mouth!! He was so caring, sweet, protective and possessive. I can't tell you enough how amazing he was. He is now a part of my long list of favourite book boyfriends, that's for sure. The things he made me feel! *fans self*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you, Axel Reid. I have loved you forever and I will never stop. Made for me, baby. You were made for me. Don't ever leave me. Never again. I would rather die than be without you again."

"You wouldn't be able to get rid of me if you tried."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Izzy was a deeply wounded woman that had gone through so much hurt. Yet she was still kind to people instead of being bitter and mean. My heart broke for all she had to endure. I think she was a strong character for getting away when she did from the abuse she was suffering. I am so glad she had a support system to help her pick herself up and move on from that horrible relationship she was trapped in.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You really think that once I bury myself deep within your pussy and feel your tight walls squeezing the come right out of my dick, that I will ever want to let you go again? You must be out of your fucking mind, Princess. I won't even be able to let you out of my fucking bed until we make up for every single day we have lost."

--Axel

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Together, these characters were explosive. I truly enjoyed the chemistry between these characters. The made me laugh, smile, tear up, and pant... heavily. They were just perfect together. I loved reading the little glimpses of their past. It was so heart warming and sad. I also enjoyed the other characters that showed up in the book. Axel isn't the only Alpha in this book, and I can't freaking wait to read their stories. They all were so yummy! I also loved Dee, Izzy's best friend. She was crazy and fun, and always had Izzy's back. But I think the other man that stole my heart, besides Axel that is, was Greg. Gah... he was such a sweetheart! I adored him!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

When you are with me I am free.
My strength. My heart. My everything.
Our love now continues forever.

"Amor Vincit Omnia"
"Love Conquers All"

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It was a really well written book about having a second chance. I felt the so much hurt for the injustice Izzy and Axel went through. I am so glad that they were able to find each other after all these years. These two characters desperately deserved a HEA, and I could not have been more pleased with how things ended for them. That epilogue was so BEAUTIFUL. I could not stop grinning! Seriously... if you love badass Alphas, as much as I do... YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! Now I am highly anticipating Greg's book. I can't wait!