A Beautiful Lie (Playing with Fire, #1)

A Beautiful Lie  - Tara Sivec 4.5 Stars

Annabelle Parker doesn't believe in happily ever after or falling head over heels in love for anyone. One day things change when she meets two guys in a coffee shop, Garret McCarthy and Milo Roberts (Both Navy SEALS). When she finds out that her fiancé Milo is dead, Garrett and Parker soon realize it was not an accident. So they both go to Dominican Republic to find out the answers but must pose as a newlywed couple. Parker has some secrets but starts to realize she may not be the only one.

This book really grabbed me and I could not stop reading. The mystery and suspense aspect of the book had me intrigued, just as much as the chemistry between Garrett and Parker (which was freaking HOT). I was really able to connect with Garrett and absolutely loved him. I don't want to give much of the story away, but it really was good. If you like a story that isn't all about the romantic relationship of the main characters and has more plot, then you will enjoy this. I read this because I LOVED Chocolate and Seduction series by Tara Sivec and I am so glad I did. For this being her first book in this genre I think she did a good job. I can't wait to read more from her in this genre.

I was saying this at one point in the book...REALLY THE WHOLE TIME!!

Casting: