Legend's Fall - Monica Corwin ~Arc Provided by Author in Exchange For an Honest Review~

****3.5 Stars****

Maggie Sanders is now running her mother's bookstore, after being honorably discharged from they army for her leg injury. One day, she notices a book and it intrigues her. She opens it only to learn that it is in Latin and she can't read it. Frustrated, she pushes the book aside and accidentally cuts her finger and her blood falls onto the open book. Without knowing it, she has just summoned King Arthur.

King Arthur has been imprisioned on Avalon with his wife Gwen, Lancelot, and his men for an undefined long period of time. He was standing in his room when all of a sudden, he finds himself being pulled towards his wall length mirror. Everytime that he has been summoned, he had to kill or almost died. He has been wanting a change from his mundane everyday life but he doesn't know if this was exactly what he had in mind.

Maggie doesn't know what just happened. One moment, she was standing in her bookstore, everything in order, and the next everything is in utter chaos and there is a large muscular naked man just lying there. Arthur wants to know why she summoned him and Maggie just thinks he is an escapee from the loony bin. But then, Merlyn shows up asking if she would please take care of Arthur while he figures out what happened. She agrees and soon they find themselves falling for each other.

"Good start. You're Arthur. Now, what do you want? Why are you here and why are you naked?"
"To be honest, I don't know why I'm here. I am naked because that is how I always arrive, never really questioned why."

****************

He worked very hard, treated her with respect, and he was amazingly good looking. She could come to like this man, which instantly made him dangerous.

I thought it was a good twist on a classic. The sex scenes were really steamy and entertaining because Arthur had no idea about what acts were done in the twenty first century. I enjoyed the character's reactions to each other. There were some funny moments as well. The only thing I can say is, I wish it was longer. Overall, it was a good short read!