Pieces of You (Shattered Hearts, #2) - Cassia Leo

♥♥♥ 4 'I can't choose' Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“The quickest path to self-destruction is to push away the people you love."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I can't believe the ending left me hanging like that. Those darn cliffhangers. I MUST read the next one to find out what happens.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Adam, I love you. I’ll wait six days or six years. Whatever it takes. Nothing and no one else matters.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

As I said in my review of the previous book. By the end of it, I was leaning slighty towards Chris in who she should end up with. So when this book started, I was so ready for them to rekindle that relationship as well as see them deal with the big secret of the last book. I liked Claire in the beginning because she never tried to lead Chris on of a possible reconciliation. She knew she wanted to be with Adam. (Even though I really wanted something to happen... yes I'm evil.) Soon that changed, near the end. She has no idea who to choose and I don't blame her. Both guys are really great, I still don't know either. Right when I decide, something happens to change my mind. It drove me crazy. So I would NOT want to be in her position. What I didn't like, was how she reacted to the secret. I don't understand why she couldn't face it like Chris was doing. I still don't get her fear and then later regretting it. I mean come on, do you want to be a part of the secret or not. Anyways, later on, her indecision was getting me a bit annoyed. I didn't think either of them deserved to get hurt. It took Chris's mom for her to realize she needs time alone.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me," he whispers in my ear. "I'll break all the rules to keep you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Oh Adam... I liked him enough in the first book but I ended up liking him so much more near the end. In the beginning, I still loved his stupid jokes and how he was with Claire. He really wants to be there for her and doesn't judge her for the decisions she has made in her life. He can be sweet and supportive. Still, his temper is there that freaks me out. You never know when his anger will control him, and that is the only thing that really worries me about Adam. I know he is a great guy and would never hurt Claire, but when he gets angry it's quite scary. I like that that is changing though. Claire is making him a better person, and is more calmer than he ever was in his past. He was a bit insecure in this book and I totally understand why, I mean I would too. He goes to Hawaii to compete, pretty much leaving Claire to Chris. So I get his nervousness. There was on part where I thought he was really stupid, but again, I got his reasoning for what he did.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re mine, and a piece of you will always belong to me the same way a piece of me will always belong to you.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I was kind of rooting for Chris from the start. He and Claire share a history of being each other's first loves. They have a bond that seems pretty unbreakable, so I felt like they were meant to be. I wanted so many times for him to pursue her, but he wouldn't because she was in a relationship and he respected her. But when he finally does, I was internally screaming with excitement. They are just so comfortable with each other and they know so much of one another. Regardless to Claire hurting him, he still really cares about her. He wants to keep her this time and not let go. But I've come to realize that no matter how much I want them to be together, that maybe their feelings for each other isn't love anymore. At least in Claire's part. She seems to really love Adam. But I love Chris damnit! And Adam! I'm so confused. He totally melted my heart with his lyrics and the thing he did in the ending... SWOON! Oh even Adam made me swoon hard in the ending too.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Most people think that they want spacious homes, but they don’t realize how the emptiness of a large room just amplifies the emptiness in a broken heart. And we’re all broken, in one way or another.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

It looks like Claire needs to have some serious thinking time. Because both guys have put all their cards on the table, now it's just time for her to choose who she is going to stay with. Not an easy decision to make, that's for sure. There was quite a bit of drama and angst in this book, which is what had me turning the page. I loved that this book was in the three main character's POVs. I got to understand Adam better, which may be why I loved him a lot more in this book. I got to see Adam's thoughts on Claire and some glimpses of their past. It was really sweet. Claire is still a bit messed up by her past, and so she feels undeserving of love. Some news comes to light about her mother in this book. So I'm guessing more on that will be in the next book. I enjoyed this book better than the first, but it did confuse the hell out of me. What's a girl to do when two hot guys, who are great catches, are after you? I have no clue. I must read what happens next. I want to know her choice. Overall, a really great read.