Unbeautifully - Madeline Sheehan
♥♥♥ 4.25 STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There are no rules when it comes to love.
Love is not a reaction or an action; it is not destiny or choice.
Love is a feeling, a real raw, and unscripted emotion so sensationally pure(...)
Innate.
Unavoidable.
Undeniable.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"All scars tell a story, beautiful girl. And mine... tell the story of how I found you."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Danny West's life has changed so much, and not in a good way. There is a strain on the family, all because of the problems between Deuce, her father, and Eva. Danny has had to step up and take care of the household, her baby sister, and make sure her family doesn't fall apart. She wants to escape from it all, and for one night she does. After her prom ends up being not what she had hoped, Erik "Ripper" Jacobs, her father's Sergeant of Arms, makes her night wonderfully unforgettable. But her father may not see it that way.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You may not be beautiful the way you were before" I whispered, cupping his ruined cheek. "But you're still beautiful. To me."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Danny is the daughter of the President of Hell's Horseman Motorcycle Club, Deuce West. He has strict orders that no one from his club is to look at his daughter with interest, unless he has a death wish. I felt bad for Danny because she was going through so much hurt seeing Eva and Deuce not talking. She was also hurting for not being able to spend time with her family because they all seemed to be absent. The only person she had left was Cage, her brother. It was sad that she had to grow up so fast because of it that she couldn't really relate to people her age anymore. I loved that she was able to see the beauty in Ripper despite his deformity, which was a result of Frankie and his knife. I liked that she loved without holding back and wasn't afraid to show it.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I wanna rip you the fuck open,” he said, breathing harder as his thrusts became brutal. “I want all of me inside all of you, not just my fuckin’ cock, baby, but all of me. All of you.”

“Yes,” she whimpered. “I want all of you.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Every since, Frankie scarred him in more ways than one, Ripper was left feeling broken and undeserving of love. Especially from someone as beautiful as Danny. He was a bit of jerk in the beginning but I loved that he wasn't deluding himself that the feelings he had for Danny, weren't real. He quickly changed and was many times really sweet. I fell for him completely when he makes Danny's Prom night a very special one. They spend the night together and feelings start to blossom really for each other. Ripper is not use to what he is feeling. He has slept around with many women but never really cared about one like with Danny. Still he is insecure about himself and thinks Danny is better off without him. So he leaves.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

”Baby,” he said gruffly. “Man like me got no business with a girl like you. You’re nothin’ but fuckin’ beauty and I’m a whole lot of fuckin’ ugly who’s already halfway to hell.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The story hooked me from the start. I liked the chemistry between Danny and Ripper. I think I may even like Ripper a bit more than Deuce. The only thing I felt that kind of bothered me, but I didn't dislike, was that the book was about Deuce and Eva as well. Like I said, I didn't dislike that, but I felt like half the book was about them, when it was suppose to be about Danny and Ripper. I don't mind knowing more about Deuce and Eva, but I wanted more of Danny and Ripper. Either way, I am so happy that Deuce and Eva finally get their HEA. Even though, Deuce pissed me off so bad.

I really liked a lot of the secondary characters in this book and that we got to know more about them. I still laugh at Cox and Kami's relationship. I'm curious about what will happen with Jace, Dorothy, and Hawk. The one character I disliked was Tegan. Not sure how I feel about her having a book next because I really like Cage. But Tegan has yet to convince me that she is a good match for him.

But he was wrong.
Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.
Because without the ugly, there would be no beauty.
Because without beauty, we would not survive our pain, our sorrow, and our suffering.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The ending was awesome, I really enjoyed it. This book was a bit better for me than the first, just because I was a bit less frustrated. I can't wait to read Cage's book, and hopefully I will end up liking Tegan in the end. And that we also get glimpses of more Ripper and Danny. If you love books about bikers, than you should definitely check this one out.