Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2) - Georgia Cates
♥♥♥ 3 Stars ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You don't always know the true worth of a women's love until it becomes a memory."
-- Evan McLachlan

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Beauty from Surrender picks up where it left off. Laurelyn has returned to Nashville in order to sort out her career. Jack Henry is distraught about not having the chance to tell Laurelyn how he feels. With no way to communicate with her, he thinks he will never see or hear from her again. The only way he thinks he will be able to get over her, is to look for number fourteen. This only ends up making him realize that he can't be with another woman, he needs to find Laurelyn. Unfortunately, this proves to be a lot more difficult than he anticipated. When, he finally does find her, he doesn't know if she will choose him, or the rising musical career that she has made for herself while they were apart. Jack Henry isn't willing to lose her again, so he must come up with a way to prove to her that he is what she needs.

I really liked the first installment of this story. I absolutely loved Jack Henry and all of the other characters. I'm sad to say that this one didn't really pull through for me.

It started out great. I was highly anticipating this one after how the first one ended. The separation has been hell for both of them. Time is slowly going on and Laurelyn has decided maybe it's time to move on. After her ex and producer threatens to end her career if she doesn't be with him, she leaves to join a band and is finding success with them. The lead singer, seems to be having feelings for her. So she thinks it might be time to give him a chance, maybe. At this point, I could not wait for them to be reunited.

And boy, do they reunite! There were having a non-stop sexathon. I don't mind it if a book has a lot of sex scenes, I think it's great! *don't judge*

I never thought there could be too many sex scenes, crazy right? But there was. I felt like it became too much for me. I desperately wanted more story and less sex, I wasn't enjoying it anymore. It was too exaggerated. I kept thinking how is this possible? How is she even walking?!

And then came the comparison to a dyson vacuum.

Yup, she compared Jack Henry's oral skills to a freaking vacuum. I totally thought that was weird, not sexy. But she kept doing it, repeatedly.

Moving on, I still LOVE Jack Henry! He was too perfect! He went through all this trouble and didn't give up until he found her. I feel like he was the one who grew the most. He doesn't do commitment or babies, and now he is contemplating it with Laurelyn. I loved his dirty mouth, and the swoony things he would say. How could you resist him?

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I don't regret you for a second. You're my favorite complication and you always will be. I knew you were the next one the second I laid my eyes on you singing in that club, but you never imagine my surprise when I realized you weren't just the next one -- you were the last one."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Well, Laurelyn had trouble saying yes to him. I get that she had a career that's she worked hard for. I didn't think it was fair for her to just give that all up. But, when you see her clearly not enjoying it 100%, I didn't get why she wouldn't just go to Australia. I did like Laurelyn, despite her indecisiveness. She was confident and I really liked that about her. But, there was one moment where I feel she overreacted.

I loved Jack Henry's family, especially his mom, she was a hoot. I can't say the same for Laurelyn's family. I thought her mom was selfish and her father was no better. He left his wife after their son died for Laurelyn's mom. That must have really sucked for his ex-wife, losing her son and husband. I didn't like that they both kept acting as though nothing had ever happened, like he had never been missing from their lives for twenty-three years.

I would have liked to know more on what ended up happening with the two psychos of this book, Audrey and Blake. They kind of just disappeared and was never seen or heard from again. I found this to be odd, being how they were such creepy stalkers.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You kissed my heart awake."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, I was not wowed by this book, but it was a hot, good read. I am happy, however, that they got a HEA. It took a long time for it but they finally got it. There were moments where I smiled and chuckled at the dialogue between Laurelyn and Jack Henry. Still, besides the whole, 'Will they be together or not?', there wasn't much going on. I really needed something exciting to happen. There were some parts that were so drawn out and some a bit rushed. Like I always say, what might not work for me, might for you. So who knows, you might enjoy this book more than I did.