Fire Inside (Chaos, #2) - Kristen Ashley
♥♥♥ 3.5 Stars ♥♥♥

~ARC provided by Grand Central Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review~

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“This is just supposed to be one night”
--Lanie

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

After Lanie Heron's ex-fiancée Elliot turned out to be 'whacked', and she almost died because of it, she has decided she doesn't want a serious relationship. All she wants is one night of fun and she has picked the perfect guy for the job, Hop Kincaid, the good looking biker from Chaos.

Sure, Hop Kincaid likes Lanie, but she isn't what he would usually pick. She is model thin, too classy, and a lady. But he can't give up a night to be with her for one night and hope it doesn't get complicated. Once he's had a taste of her, he can't seem to get enough. Now he has to try to convince her to let him have more than one night.

Lanie has been feeling guilt for the passed eight years for what happened with her ex--now deceased--fiancée. She blames herself for not listening to her best friend Tyra's warning about him, which resulted in the almost killing of Tyra and herself. She doesn't want to get hurt again or give herself in that way ever again to another man. But, Hop is determined to get her to get rid of the monster that haunts her. But there is more to her nightmares that stems from her early life involving her father.

I liked that Lanie wasn't whiny but she wasn't perfect either. And seeing her interact with Hop's kids. Can I just say that I love Hop's son, Cody. He is gonna be trouble in the future with the ladies.

However, she seemed to come to conclusions way too fast without talking about it first. This annoyed me. She hated the fact that Hop would be judged so quickly without people knowing him, and yet, she was doing the same thing.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You mean somethin’ to me in a way, for a man, he wants the world to know it. I’m proud you’re on my arm in my bed and I want to share that with my family. Don’t keep takin’ that away from me."
--Hop

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Hop, I wasn't sure I was going to like because of what I got from him in the Motorcycle Man. Well I can now say that I do because I finally understand where he was coming from, but, he felt different to me than any of Kristen Ashley's regular Alpha heroes that I've read. He wasn't bad or anything, I just felt like he was really sweet and not really bad-ass or alpha enough for me. Like I said, it wasn't exactly a bad thin, it just felt weird because I guess I wasn't expecting that from him. I loved getting to know about his life and his kids. He really was a great and loyal guy and I like him very much.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Every step, every breath, every second I lived on this earth, I’m thankful for, no matter how fucked up or whacked or hard or good, ’cause all that shit led me to you.”
--Hop

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The thing that I felt was missing was the build up. I needed some sexual tension. The first sex scenes were great but then it kinda went down after that.

I still, don't one hundred percent get what is going on with the problem they have with Benito, so I hope we get to find out soon.

I Loved the fact that Tack showed up in this one. I don't think I can ever get enough of him. He was Awesome!! *sigh* Yes, he is still a favorite of mine.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Don’t regret what you did. Don’t regret the decisions you made. You did right. You followed your heart and that is never wrong, darlin’. But shit went down and it was extreme. That’s over, Lanie. Long over. Move on.”
--Tack

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Overall, it was a good read that I enjoyed but found that it had something missing to make it exciting. Like maybe some drama, sexual tension and suspense. I didn't like the back and forth fighting that kept going on. It wasn't making the book more entertaining. I did like the ending and the epilogue they got. I was actually chuckling a bit at what Hop did. But this was not one of my favorite Kristen Ashley books. I'm still a fan and I can't wait to see if her next book will be better for me.