Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2) - Gina L. Maxwell ***4 Stars***

Vanessa McGregor is in Hawaii, to help her best friend Lucie for her wedding. When Jackson “Jax” Maris, MMA fighter and Lucie's brother, picks her up from the airport late, he informs her that they will have to usurp Lucie and Reid for all of the wedding planning because they aren't there yet due to Lucie being ill. If they don't do this, the wedding planner will cancel the wedding. Jax is intrigued by how Vanessa was quick to dismiss him after showing up late to pick her up. So he would do anything to spend as much time with her during her trip. Vanessa is attracted to Jax but she has rules she lives by. Rules that she believes in and would never break. But Jax is determined to make her do just that, break her rules to let the real Vanessa come out.

Vanessa’s Lucky 7 Rules To Live By:

7. Never take your responsiblities lightly.
6. Never indulge in the poison of lies.
5. Never let a fling last more than three days.
4. Never date a man who chooses fists over words.
3. Never date a man who lacks a stable future.
2. Never relinquish control.
1. Never fall in love.

I loved Vanessa’s feisty personality, strength, independence, and wittiness. She didn’t back down to anyone. She wasn’t perfect, though, and her tough upbringing made her into the woman she is today. Her past is what had inspired her to have structure and order in her life, which is why she came up with her rules.

”Baby, I admire you so much. More than ever I know you’re the strongest woman I’ve ever met.”
Vanessa shook her head, but he quickly put a stop to it.
“Yes, you are.” He prevented any further dispute by capturing her mouth with his for a sweet kiss.

”Dark and Delicious. Those were the first words that popped into her head.”

I was swooning over Jax. He was super sexy, confident, an alpha, and very laid back. He was really HOT but also so SWEET. I wouldn’t care if he lied to me at all. I loved how he was able to get Vanessa to put her hair down. I would be begging him to take control! Seriously, had me swooning!

Oh, he was definitely doable. Did Hawaiians have the saying “Save a surfboard, ride a surfer”? If not, she was totally starting it.

”Dancing is no different than sex. It’s all about moving with your partner. Finding a rhythm together.”

They had some great ”Fun” times. I mean some smoking hot good times. The Tequila body shots and the waterfall scene had me drooling for him. There were also moments of tenderness that were so awesome! *sigh* Oh and his nickname for her had me laughing "Pupule Wahine". I googled it as soon as he said it, haha!

”Feel my skin on yours. Feel me inside you. Feel how perfect you fit me. Just feel, okay?”

Their banter had me chuckling, and their chemistry was very enjoyable to read. I really loved the story. It was a fun sexy read!! I definitely recommend it. I wonder if Vanessa's sister will be having a book, too?