Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5) - C.J. Roberts
♥♥♥ 5 STARS ♥♥♥

I LOVED IT!! I am so glad we got to see Caleb's side!

"Who am I?
Am I Caleb?
Am I James?
I've often asked myself this very thing and have always come up with a different answer. Perhaps the only truthful answer is, I am both."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

In Epilogue, Caleb is telling the story of what occured after Seduced in the Dark ended. I was able to get right into the swing of things without having to re-read the previous book. I loved every moment of it. The way Caleb was speaking to you as you were reading made it that much more engaging for me. I loved his sense of humor, I didn't think he could be that funny. It was enjoyable to read, as well as the banter between Caleb and Livvie. It had me smiling and chuckling.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Everything is in the process of becoming something else. It's the law of change. I'm in the process of becoming something else, Livvie. I hope it's something good, something far removed from the monster you knew."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was about them trying to get over the dark horrible past that they had experienced and hopefully move on to a brighter future. We read what Livvie's experience into Caleb's world was like, now, we are seeing how it is for Caleb to live in her world. And it was difficult for him to adjust. Being able to see inside Caleb's head, had me feeling more connected with him. I understood him a little better and his actions. I enjoyed seeing his vulnerable side as well as his sexy charming side. I fell a little more for him.

Caleb is trying his best to improve and please Livvie. To become what she needs and can accept, by trying to hold back what is natural to him. That fact that he wanted to change for the better, was awesome to see. But he is insecure that he is not good enough for her. He also believes he may have damaged her completely. He doesn't think she will ever be able to forgive him for the way he wronged her. He is also very selfish and doesn't want to give her up.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I wasn't sure if the Livvie I had come to know was honestly the Livvie she had been. Perhaps I had simply altered her to suit me.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I know it’s odd between us. How could it not be? We don’t know each other in this world, but I’ve seen you at your worst, and what I know is that you’d do anything to protect me. That’s enough for now. The rest will come.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

We get to see how they slowly try to figure out to move on from the painful memories. They know they want to be together but Livvie wants to understand how they got there. I was asking that same question. I didn't get how she could fall for her abuser, yet I was falling for him just as she was. They wanted to know what they were feeling was real, that they could trust, and get to know each other as the people they were and are now. They were on journey to finding their happiness together, one that they wanted to last, especially when they were so flawed.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“No, Kitten. I’m not okay,” I whispered. “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for me to be okay. I just know that as long as you’re with me, there’s a chance that one day....I might be.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I loved seeing how much they both had changed and how much they have grown. It was great to see them not give up and try to heal. I loved that they were able to have a HEA. It may not be the traditional HEA, but it was one that was perfect for them. I fell in love with these characters more after reading this book. I feel as though I have come a far way, along with them through these books. I am going to really miss them now that it is over. But hopefully, we will get some short novellas? I just really don't want it to end. *sniff sniff*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“It wasn't until Livvie walked away and I was truly alone in the world that I began to feel what love could be. It didn't come to me as it came to others; I had to find love as I had found everything else that defined me: through my suffering."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

If you loved this The Dark Duet books, I HIGHLY suggest you read this one too. It will not disappoint. Caleb's POV was done perfectly. It was a wonderful finish for a pair of deeply scarred characters. I LOVED it! This series will remain as one of my all time favorites. So give this a try.