Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I - Director's Cut (Special Forces, #2 part 1) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan **Buddy read with Drunken Panda Amanda and Melissa The Pervy Nerd**

5 Stars
WOW!! THAT ENDING WAS SO AWESOME!!!
I AM FANNING MYSELF AND CAN'T STOP SMILING!!

"We will be together, come what may."

I finished reading Special Forces: Soldiers with such a high. I was absolutely euphoric. Then this book picked up where it left off and everything goes CRAZY. The action in this book had me not wanting to put this down. I couldn't stand for anything to happen to them. My heart was pumping and I was nervously twitching. Vadim gets kidnapped and is mentally tortured while Dan tries his best to find and get him back. The problem is that Vadim is broken and he no longer feels like himself, in fact, he feels nothing. After all Dan had to do to get him back, Vadim walks away without warning, leaving Dan heartbroken.

"I loved you, but when you returned only to leave... Everything shattered. Everything I was... felt... wanted was gone. I was empty. There was nothing left inside. Nothing."

"If I touched you now, would you never leave me again?"

The separation period was the most toughest part to go through for me. My heart was hurting tremendously, but more than that, I couldn't handle my frustration. I became so pissed off because they were no longer the people they were before. They ended up hurting each other so much. This is where it was difficult for me to continue reading. Dan was out sowing his wild oats and Vadim was reverting to his old aggressive ways. I really wanted Dan to talk to Vadim and be more understanding of what he went through. I also wanted Vadim to get help so he could get himself back together because he was getting suicidal. It saddened me to see Vadim this way and I could not believe his actions.

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo,
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here...
--- "Creep By: Radiohead"

Vadim's ex-wife Katya makes an appearance in this book. I really liked Katya in Soldiers because of her unconditional support to Vadim. In this book however, I thought she was bloody crazy. I don't understand why she wanted another child so badly. But the thing that made me disgusted with her was the means in which she tried to get herself pregnant. I felt really bad for the situation Dan found himself in. It was disturbing and awkward to say the least.

I also did not like Jean at all in the beginning. I didn't understand the whys of his actions. I mean he was a 'heterosexual' with a someone waiting back home yet he still became one of Dan's lovers. He just seemed shady to me. But then I softened to him a bit because he ended up helping Vadim get Dan back. Matt on the other hand, I truly liked. He was another one of Dan's lovers. Matt may be young but I loved that he had the balls to stand up to Vadim and the loyalty he had for Dan. The best character to me was Maggie, The Baroness. She was such a wonderful woman for giving Dan and Vadim the support that they needed. I just loved her!!

'His. Partner. Comrade. Lover. His again'

'I love you more than I can say, than I can even think and what you give me takes my breath away, but breathing is overrated when I can kiss you'

The ending was by far the best part in the book, which was around the 82% mark. Having Dan and Vadim reunited had me overwhelmed with joy. I wanted their R&R moments from Thailand and Dubai to last forever!! I was in bliss! It was sweet, beautiful, perfect, and steamy. I finally understood how much they needed that time apart to grow and become stronger. I think their relationship has solidified more, as a result. So all that bitterness I was feeling, was worth it in the end. They still have a lot of healing to do, but now they have each other's support.

"Mine"
"Always."
"Till death do us part, as they say."

"I'll always be there. Always. I have no intention of spending my nights apart from you. Ever again. As long as it's in my power to do anything about it, I will sleep beside you. You understand?"

I must be a masochist because I actually really liked the book. Sure, I felt like I was torn to pieces and my heart battered, but like I said, the ending made it worth it. It was an Amazing read!! I didn't think I was going to make it, so thanks to my buddy readers for keeping me going.