And With Madness Comes the Light (Experiment in Terror, #6.5) - Karina Halle
♥♥♥ 5 I LOVE YOU DEX STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I wasn’t Dex Foray. I was just this emotion that was crumbling to the floor, holding onto the doorway like it was the last thread of my humanity."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

There was pain and then there was agony. Hello, agony. I’d been waiting for you. Finish me off. Please.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I fucked up. More than I have ever fucked up before. I had the love of my life in my hands for one beautiful, exquisite moment before I ripped her apart and my heart bore the paper cuts.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

After Perry left Dex in his apartment. I had seriously wondered what was doing with Dex. I wanted to know what he was going through and why he never attempted to go after her. Well this novella answered those questions. And it was pretty painful. My heart literally ached for Dex. I couldn't believe the amount of pain he was in. In some moments, it seemed as though he was worse off than Perry was. He was drinking his pain away and had absolutely no clue what to do now that he lost everything.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love her, more than anyone should love anything. The kind of love that either fills you up or eats away at you. I love her at my own risk. I love her…dangerously."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I am SO, SO glad that Dex had a wonderful support system. Rebecca really helped him put himself back together. He underwent a transformation that took a lot of work, but one that was meant to make him a better man. For Perry. He freaking bulked up. As if he couldn't get any hotter. He seemed to mature quite a bit from the way he use to be. Or maybe it was that he was finally allowing himself to feel. I LOVED that!! I think he definitely deserved to be forgiven by Perry. I think they were both at fault and needed that second chance.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"You’re my light in all this madness, Perry," I whispered, knowing she couldn’t hear me. "It all fades away when I’m with you. Everything fades until it’s just you and it’s just me. I’m Dex and you’re Perry and I love you. I won’t stop loving you, even when you won’t love me. I love you more than I can ever really tell you. I love you until the end."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This was a very emotional novella. But I LOVED every moment of it. I LOVED Dex!!! There were many moments of laughter so it wasn't all gloomy. I can't get enough of being Dex's head and hopefully future books will have more of his POV. I can't wait to read Come Alive next, which is completely in Dex POV. I MUST go read it NOW!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"And with madness comes the light."
"Within your light, I lose the madness."