Come Alive - Karina Halle
♥♥♥ 5 VOODOO & ZOMBIE STARS ♥♥♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“You’re my home, Perry. And I will be yours.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Dex and Perry seem to be doing good so far. They are still trying to get a feel for the change in their relationship. But overall it's good. The problem for them right now is that Experiment In Terror could be no more. They lost the footage of the Sasquatch investigations to the authorities as evidence. Jimmy, their boss, is not happy and is threatening to cancel the show. The only way for them to stay, is if they accept to do the show with a third member, with a person they know very well. They all head out to New Orleans to investigate what could possibly be zombies terrorizes the city. Everyone is a suspect. And their relationship is tested.

HOLY SHIT, WAS THIS AN INTENSE READ OR WHAT? MY EMOTIONS WERE EVERYWHERE!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I just thought I should warn you that the second we walk into the apartment, I am going to maul the fuck out of you. I don't care if you're tired or bruised or scratched. You'll just be more so when I'm finished."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

This book was completely in Dex's POV! *squee* Which, if you didn't already know, I LOVE!! This didn't disappoint. Dex is sexier than ever!! Seriously... he turned me on so much during this book, I totally understood what Perry was feeling. How can you resist him with his sarcastic douchebag charm. He had me laughing my ass off at some of his comments. I LOVE him!! Oh... the things he did with his mouth, and hands, and... and said in his mind, albeit not everything that came to his mind was good. He pissed me off a few times because of it. But still, I can't help but love the man. *sigh*

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I want to be with you. Not just as a partner, not just as a friend. I want us to be together, to be one, to be…I don’t know, a fucking couple.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

The zombies of Nola totally freaked me out, as well as all the voodoo stuff going on. It really gave me the heebie jeebies. I didn't know if anything could be done. I mean who would believe that stuff was happening. There was one point where I though that Dex and Perry were seriously screwed. I didn't think they could honestly make it out alive from that situation. I was really worried for them.

As always when it comes to this series, I trust NO one. So it was no different in this book. And so when this voodoo chick apprentice or whatever, named Ambrosia showed up... I immediately was suspicious of her. She was flirty and had every. single. man. eating out of the palm of her hand. Dex included... I KNOW!! I was so pissed off and I hated her instantly.

Now for the best parts. I was in freaking heaven at the beginning of the book. Dex could not keep his hands off Perry and they were at it like bunnies!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! Highlight of the book early on for me was... Jenn getting BURNED repeatedly by both Dex and Perry.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Nice, Dex,” she sneered. “You couldn’t wait to get in her pants, could you? You’re a pig.”
“And you’re the shit this pig used to roll around in.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

*sigh* Can every one say AWESOME!! It was a very good moment. But lets be honest, not as great as seeing Dex and Perry together!! I couldn't get enough! Dex was making me swoon and melt like crazy! It's a surprise I didn't just pass out completely into a puddle of mush.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"I love you, I've loved you from the very start. And... sometimes I think I can't possibly love you more. And then I do. (...) I am in love with you, you wonderful, funny handsome man."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

But then came the emotional parts of the book near the end. GAH! I could not stop the tears. My heart hurt so bad. I got frustrated with stupid Dex for listening to others. Like I said in my status. I wanted to slap some sense into him, beat the crap out of Amb"whore"sia, and then hug Perry so we could cry together. I wanted the pain to just freaking STOP!!

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“I realized it didn’t mean anything without Perry by my side. She was my reason for living. She was the reason I’d come alive in the first place.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Perry, I’ve wanted you since the moment I saw you. I’m not going to stop showing you off or rubbing it in to everyone I know, anytime soon (...) You’re mine. And you’re mine alone. From now until the end of time."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

And the pain did seize. I could not be more overjoyed with the ending. I AM IN FUCKING LOVE WITH DEX!! I understand what everyone was talking about. Karina Halle rocks!! I think I fell in love with her too!! And I can't, CANNOT, freaking wait for the next book to come out!! I loved the series!! And am looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Baby, I love you, more than ever, more than anything in the fucking world. You are my world. And all I’ve ever wanted is for me to be yours.”